sleep meds

gklang99

I too have a teenager with POTS. She doesn't take anything for insomnia. She averages 4-6 hours a night of broken sleep. Her doctors have never offered a solution and she really doesn't want to take more medication.

If it's a priority for your son, the two of you should discuss it with his doctor.

Good Luck!

Margaret

I have the problem with the sleep thing. I am an adult and I can't find to much to help me either. It is so hard for us to get to sleep some times and other times I sleep forever it seems like.

I did want to let you know that there is a really good group for kids with our disorders. It is called DYNA (www.dynakids.org). That might help your son in finding other kids that are going through the same thing that he is.

Hope you can get some help for him.

Good Luck in the search for something for him.

Vickie :huh:

Thanks for your imput. My son is in college now, and he really seem to crash once a week, sleeping 12 to 15 hours on Sat night through Sun afternoon. Since I have POTS also, I have been using Flexeril at bedtime for years and it has helped greatly, but it is not designed for long term use. I'm hesitant to encourage the doctor to use it on him.

• 3 weeks later...