How Heavenly Father Heals Us

Here is what I have learned about pain and God's love.

Catherine Cook :^)

How Heavenly Father Heals Our Severe Pain and Hopelessness

Imagine God is lovingly looking upon your innermost thoughts and feelings. You?ve lived your life as faithfully as you knew how. But imagine you are still struggling with a terrible pain in your spirit ? an endless sorrow which plagues your soul and weighs it down in excruciating misery. This festering wound is a lifetime of severe suffering. It is an infinite emptiness created by tremendous burdens you are overwhelmed with during the course of your life. Perhaps it is severe physical pain and disability, or loneliness, or neglect or abuse from those you trusted, or knowing horrendous evils. Remaining is a gnawing fear of the future, recurrent flashbacks and nightmares, even the dread that you will never feel a fullness of joy, and never have an eternal loving relationship.

Now imagine that Heavenly Father can clearly see and understand your catastrophic torment. Imagine Him as He proceeds to heal your spirit - even your heart and mind. First Heavenly Father sends word about Jesus Christ, who thoroughly understands your deprivation. With His infinite love and understanding, He is the friend you have needed. His companionship fills the void in your soul that nothing else has been able to fill. With Him, there is hope. ?With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.? (Matthew 19:26)

With His help, you realize that your efforts to overcome the seemingly insurmountable impediments in your life have increased your ability to understand others. Not only that, but your increased experience makes you more capable of having close, loving relationships. You become aware of the Holy Ghost prompting you to reach out to certain people. You find that you know how to comfort them and encourage them to follow Jesus Christ.

Heavenly Father also promises to give you a perfect, immortal body. Next He tells you about your eternal family ? your faithful relatives who will accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ, who want to belong to you, and you to them, forever. Many are your ancestors who look forward to meeting you. Heavenly Father?s next plan to make your fullness of eternal joy possible is to introduce into your life an eternal companion who has learned, grown, and overcome like you have - a person who understands you and knows how to love you. A person who can serve alongside you in your work in Heavenly Father?s Kingdom, including a family of your own. You find that there are answers to your questions. Your emptiness and pain can be replaced with strength and everlasting joy, beginning right now. ?For behold, this is my work and my glory - to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.? (Moses 1:39 - The Pearl of Great Price)

Hi Catherine,

I feel compelled to greet you as I was struck by some of the phrasiology of your post. I think that you will find an innate spirt here that exceeds boundries of religiousity. We are not bound by hopelessness , pain "HOLES" to climb out of from time to time but I think a connection that we are a unique comunity of Individuals of whom experienced this yet under studied medical condition (certainly not strong enough word on my part). It is important of course that we each have are own course , goal and aid to help us to move forward gather ourselves up on those days but , here is the Oasis. It is the place of understanding. No judgment. Exchange of information without ridicule or fear ; Ioften see the phrase no question is a bad question. I suspect that many backgrounds ,age groups ethnicities , religions encompass our Oasis here. Isn't that the thing about Illness -- ultimate equality -- no one is spared. I suppose , without judgement nor malice you could discuss at great length , better & greater than I certainly have tried , who ' s plan it is and why. But really I think that is for another forum personally. Like you I have learned alot here not just about Dysautonomic Disease , But about the people who deal with them. No Hopelessness -- Dependence maybe. Welcome to the Humanity of Illness and now feel , without judgement, malice and certainly on my behalf , the Humanity of this forum. Enjoy it Catherine the people here know of what they speak.

Kite 7

I'm sorry, but I totally agree with kite. This is a very diverse group in every way, it's our illness that binds us, not our religious preferences. I don't think anyone minds when someone says they will pray for them, but that should be as far as it goes, as we all have our faiths, beliefs, and ways of life, and no one is here to judge or have huge discussions on the meaning of life or why we suffer. For some, there's a higher power, for some not, but it is not for us to decide what others need in the faith department. Unless you do this privately through emails, with both parties giving consent. What binds this group is our oness in our health issues. There are many forums that would probably love your mormon values, but I don't think it is here. Sorry if I offend, but this is the way I feel. morgan

I really must agree with Kite and Morgan. I too am a person who relies heavily on faith and as a Pastor's wife, of course I would like to share with others about my faith that has carried me through... but not on the forum!

Just as Morgan said- personal email, personal messages that both parties want to talk religion, politics etc. is fine.

Catherine, I hope you can understand this and respect this. I hope too that you continue to find help and support on this forum. And, I warmly welcome you.

~Roselover

Hi all, I have decided to lock this topic as I feel strongly that this forum is not a place to espouse religious views--it is inappropriate to use this forum to preach the gospel. It would be more helpful to share specifically how your spirituality has helped you, not to preach about how it might help others.

As a non-Christian, it is somewhat offensive to me that you have used the forum in this way. If you wish to discuss this with me in private feel free to do so, however all posts of a similar nature, yours or others, will be deleted rather than locked.

Nina, forum moderator.