Chattering Teeth?

gjensen

Does anyone else have this happen, without feeling cold?

Most often this happens as I drift off to sleep and it is associated with a disrupted breathing pattern where I tremble.

Occasionally, this happens as I relax enough to go to sleep. Also in spells, I can initiate it with swallowing.

I have not seem where anyone else experiences this, and I am unable to find a satisfactory answer.

I have had some adrenalin like surges, mostly in the mornings. This teeth chattering is often associated with trembling. Sometimes not. At night. Before or after I go to sleep.

Sometimes the swallowing motion triggers it the chattering alone.

They only last a few minutes. A lot of times less than that.

It is of some comfort to know that others experience it with POTS. Originally it disturbed me more that it does now, like a lot of the symptoms. Just accept them at some point.

I wish that I understood the process better. I keep looking it up, but have never found an answer that satisfies me.

Yes, I've experienced this too, with body tremors. The adrenalin surges seem like that could fit - although I have certainly had surges without teeth chattering too. I do also get that cold-to-the-bone feeling at other times with or without teeth chattering. I have checked my temperature a few times and discovered a low body temp...but no goosebumps or feeling cold on the outside...weird?!

The last time I had the teeth chattering/tremors was about 1/2 hr after the TTT. I had passed out (BP 60/34 HR 35) and when I think about other times its happened, it seemed to follow a nasty near syncope while sitting. So may be connected to BP drops??

The swallowing trigger is not something that I experience, so it may be a different thing all together.

Wish I could be of help...I would love to have an explanation too!