Media Coverage Of Dysautonomia In My Hometown

MomtoGiuliana

Just wanted to share this story with forum members...

http://www.wboc.com/category/174346/main-wboc-video-player?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9526940

I met Brittany through DINET's "Meet Others" service several months ago. She is the first person in my community I have met with dysautonomia. We quickly discovered we had more than dysautonomia in common. She is a singer and I play violin. She was starting to plan a benefit concert to bring awareness about dysautonomia. The concert was Nov 3rd--I also performed--over 100 attended. It was a great experience.

I didn't realize it that night, but the local news media was in attendance. They aired her story, and video from the concert, yesterday. It can be viewed at the link above.

No I am not playing in any of the pieces featured in this segment. I performed a solo and we performed one piece together.

A friend of hers made a video of the entire program and I do hope to have a copy at some point.

The support of the church congregation and leadership for her is amazing. So many of them have educated themselves about dysautonomia. That touched me as much as her beautiful voice.

This is exciting. So glad the word is getting out there. I hope that I will be able to do this eventually because people need to realize this is not a silent disease. It takes your life from you and your loved ones that care for you.

Rachel

• 2 months later...