Low Blood Sugar

gdomaracki

So the past few weeks I've been super reactive to food. Seems like I can't eat much of anything without crashing. Tonight I had beef, broccoli, and oatmeal which I do good on and 1 hr after I was at 69. Anyone have similar problems? What helps you? I also get low from taking showers. So odd!

I had a glucose tolerance test done and found out the same thing.

GLUCOSE-FASTING 65 - 92 MG/DL 91 GLUCOSE-1/2 HR 100 - 200 MG/DL 115 GLUCOSE-1 HOUR 120 - 200 MG/DL 62 L GLUCOSE-2 HOUR 50 - 200 MG/DL 89

At the one hour mark this was my insulin level

INSULIN 3 - 19 uIU/mL 99 H

I understand that the ANS regulates insulin output, which is kinda scary since my ANS obviously doesn't know what it is doing.

Found this interesting article:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/12/121210160844.htm

I am playing around with my diet to see what helps, will let you know if I learn anything :)

Do you take celexa? I had hypoglycemia for a couple years it started when I started celexa and I ended celexa last year and I don't have hypoglycemia anymore. what I find that helped was with every meal have at least 15 grams of carbs and definelty have protein. protein will slow down the sugar from leaving your body. Every night I would eat a slice of wheat bread with peanut butter or a piece of lunch meat and a glass of milk. To help reduce sugar crashes in the night eat an apple or half a lunch meat sandwhich or have an apple and peanut butter and always have a glass of milk before bed that will keep you from crashing. also don't eat really high sugary things that can make u crash. if u do have protein with it. don't drink juices unless your blood sugar is low. juices make u crash very quickly.

I dont take Celexa but I do take Zoloft and Propranolol. I was just told by my primary doctor that beta blockers make your sugar low so I'm going to see about changing things around tomorrow at my heart doctor. You know how it is having dysautonomia, you gotta be your biggest advocate and go into the appt well prepared:-)

Badhbt, good luck on your jorney! I am playing around with mine as well. Today we tried paleo almond bread. So far so good!! :)