Anyone Have Sibo?

Racer

My GI doctor thinks I have "small bowel bacterial overgrowth". Seems like such a simple problem to treat, a week or two of antibiotics to eradicate the bacteria? He said it was up to me, I could wait to get a breath test to confirm it, or just start treatment right away.

I have had problems with nausea/vomiting, malnourishment, weight loss, keeping hydrated, especially since June/July and will need nutritional support. One thing that scares me, If the bowel fails to absorb enough nutrition with a tube, then I would need tpn?

I opted to wait for the test, I am not sure if this is the correct decision or not.

What is it like having a NJ tube? The feed would be very slow???

I do/did. I responded badly to the courses of antibiotics. I also have fructose malabsorption (both dxd with the breath tests) and the GI says the issue is small intestine motility, neuro says gastroparesis... The GI system is basically one tube :) LOL and the problem in my case is the food not moving/digesting correctly. Of course all three issues can be causes or effects of each other, or of autonomic dysfunction. Feel free to message me. I'd be curious I hear more of your story as well.

Well, I had to discuss it all with my PCP, and she is strongly recommending against any more treatment, antibiotic or otherwise. She thinks I am going to fast and not giving things enough time to "see what happens". She was respectful, but I think she was sort of laughing at me at times. I think they might think I am hypochondriac or something. I dont know what the proper reaction to having a health issue is supposed to be... maybe I am over reacting, I don't know.

I dont know what to do, I am in a bit of a mental breakdown over this all. I want to crawl into a hole and never come out again. I am to afraid to see a therapist or someone, I am really fearful they would have me involuntarily committed or something.