Shakey & Weak

gertie

If I exert myself very much I feel weak & my arms feel shakey. I do have adrenal exhaustion also but am wondering if this is also a part of Dysautonomia? I also have Hashimotos's thyroiditis. With so much going on I don't know what to blame it on. I am on no meds only because everything dr's give me cause horrible side effects. I have had blood test done & no anemia or B-12 def. Thanks.

Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. It could definitely be part of dysautonomia, but it can be hard to tell exactly what's causing it. Have you or your doctor thought about a TTT? I have POTS and NCS and this is how I get, especially before I was medicated. I will feel shaky and have muscle weakness along with fatigue and dizziness. Do electrolyte drinks help you? They can sometimes be a temporary fix for me, especially coconut water with a low sugar content.

Thanks for your reply. I do have POTS but I'm cautious of electrolyte drinks because of sodium content. I also have Meniere's & have to watch my salt intake. I do crave sweets but try to not over indulge. Seems if I find something that will help one symptom it aggravates another illness.

I mean just doing household chores. There is no way I have the energy to exercise. There is no set time, but the longer I'm up the worse I get. It seems to be worse if I'm standing for a long time. I feel faint if I stand in one place for any length of time but do better if I'm moving about. Sometimes I notice I feel this way if not exerting myself. I have hypoglycemia also but I try to watch & not skip meals. thanks for your reply.

I have the same issue...POTS and hypoglycemia. I know some people that produce too much insulin can drive their glucose down when they are active, but more like at the exercise level. That's what I was wondering.

I would then think it probably has more to do with the POTS and less O2 or nutrients getting to the brain. I also need to move around versus standing in one spot.