Just when you think it can't get worse

dear morgan, my heart goes out to you.

:blink:

unfortunately, i have had a similar reaction, including seizures(3) from a med that was supposed to make me all better. two lost days and a phyc. review i has told i had had some kind of allergic reaction and the er doc was fired. though i dought you will be so lucky.

i can only hope that we all can one day recieve the treatment we deserve.

blackwolf

ps-i think i'm about as low as you are, over did it this weekend(helped serve lunch for the special olympics) and can barely walk with two canes. i have only 2 choices of er's here and avoid them both. only under the most dire of circumstances would i even go.

peace and rest for you as you recover.

Guest Mary from OH

{{{{{{{{{Morgan}}}}}}}}}

:):):):):):):):):):)

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! I AM BEAMING!!!! :blink::):):lol::lol::lol:

Even though you are (still) feeling like crap you stood up for yourself and contacted all those people!!! KUDOS to you!!!! I'm sending you a HUGE cyber hug!!!!! I pray that just one of the phone calls will actually bring some serious action and needed change. Even if it doesn't, you know that you did your best and that's what counts. You did not just sit by and let them walk over you and just complain about it. You took action!! I am so PROUD!!!!

Don't worry about your PCP. He will be a compassionate man. First of all, before you explain the situation. Tell him about the emotional side effects that you are having on the steriods. "Apologize" and then tell him your horror story. Let him know that you made formal complaints to the hospital, your insurance, etc. Make some kind of statement like, "I know I can count on you as my doctor to stand by me as my patient advocate. This has been a very difficult situation for my and my family." Also, let him know that you aren't going to be able to make it on that steriod for a month until the other medicine clears your system. What other options do you have? He WILL be supportive. I can feel it!!

Let us know how you fare!!

Good luck my dear!!