What makes me happy

corina

This morning I went on my electric cart to our local garden centre to buy some plants for the garden. When I got there, the lady told me to look around and ask for help if needed. And so I did. And you know, the sun was shining, people were so nice and friendly and all those plants and flowers. So, ofcourse I wanted them all (yep, that's me) and I asked the lady and she put on my cart as much as I could take and another lady was watching and said, you can take more on your cart than I can on my bike!!! And when I drove home again everybody was smiling at me, because I looked like a little driving garden centre, so I smiled back. This really made my day! I also bought a lot of roses and I'm sending each and every one of you a pretty pink rose to let you know that I think of you and to let you know how much I appreciate your friendship. I'm throwing a lot of roses in the Canyon for everyone who is in there and hope that you will really, really soon be able to come out.

Love, Corina

Hi Corina,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I can just imagine you with all your flowers. I'll take a picture of you and send it by cyber space.

My little moments that make me happy is when my dog comes to sit on my lap and she puts her head on my chest pretending she is a baby. That makes me forget everything else.

Have a nice day.

Ernie

corina,

thank you for that wonderful story. it was beautiful and really made me smile.

you got my morning off to a perfect start...or, off on the right foot! :)

i LOVE flowers too. and PINK roses! anything pink is just fine with me. so thanks for sending them down to the canyon.

now, how will you PLANT all of these???? that is the question! will your husband help?

afterwards, you will surely need to 'hit the hay'! :)

thank you for that story...you are very dear to my heart and hearing your joy was wonderful.

i will share my little joys later...but one...is I CAN ENJOY EATING AGAIN! (GENEVA! are you reading this????)...

so, off for lunch! (the next step is enough stamina to get lunch for myself! but hey, one thing at a time huh?)

love, em

Thank you Corina,

You started my morning of nicely too! You are my kind of girl! You've motivated me to get out and hit the garden center this weekend too! Thank you - I needed some motivation this morning.

I caught my pink rose down here in the hole and the smell is lifting me up.

Thank you!

Getting out in the garden or buying a new flower defineately picks me up. The other thing that I really enjoy is watercolor painting - outdoor scenes and flowers! It's almost as good as getting out and with watecolors. there isn't a lot of clean-up. Oh - and one other thing... a good Jane Austen movie!!!

~Roselover

Hi Corina, I just had to add this.... I think you are a fairy Godmother!

After I read your post, I got up and finally got moving - got dressed and asked my husband if he'd take me to a garden center today. Then I looked out the window and you know what I saw?

A PINK ROSE!!!!

Yes!!! A Pink rose - the first one to open on my rose bushes. I'm sure it's the one you sent me! And maybe, just maybe, my head is begining to peek out of the hole today. I hope I don't do too much and fall back in, but I want to thank you for your great encouragement today!!!

~Roselover

Hi Roselover, you almost made me cry! I hope you can very much enjoy your day and please don't overdue, there will be another day tomorrow!!! What you told me about your pink rose is very special, because I NEVER buy pink roses, we have a very special kind of yellow orange color here which is my favourite. But for some reason I chose the pink ones today!!!

Ernie, thanks for your sweet words. I wish I had a little dog to cuttle. But we can't have one because my husband works in shifts and my children are too young to let the dog out in the dark.

Emily, I knew pink is your favourite color, so I hope you enjoy your cyberrose!!! I'm so glad for you that you can enjoy eating again! I love to eat as well! I'm curious to hear what makes YOU happy! Oh and I asked John to sweep the garden tiles and pointed to him where I wanted the plants. Most of them were in pots and some I put in a pot myself!!!

Wishing you a sunny day and enjoy your garden (if possible),

Corina

Thanks for the cyber rose, Corina! Your post made my day too--I love the image of you scooting down the street, looking like a garden-on-wheels. I will remember that! (And forget most everything else. :) )

What makes me happy? Robins, crows, woodpeckers (all birds, actually, especially Jojo, my conure); cashmere; kalamata olives; candy; compression hose :) ; words that start with the hard "c" sound :) ; a good story with a happy ending; plums; a sharp pencil; the sound of waves; and mountain goats.

These are a few of my favorite things; good thing you can't hear me break into song. (Corina, have you ever seen "The Sound of Music?" If not, RENT IT--right after "The Wizard of Oz." :D )

Cheers, everyone.

m

Did I see the Sound of Music?????? I think about a thousand times. When I read your words: These are a few of my favourite things, it immediately sang in my head. I loved Julie Andrews in that movie. And also Captain Von Trap . . . , and the children were adorable!

Oh and you know Merrill, when I tried to drive out of the garden center, I could hardly steer because of the plants and flowers, so I took the easiest way home :)

Well, since it's 9.45PM, I'm gonna hit the hay!!! :):):D

Corina

Corina--re: sharp pencils: I'm an editor.

And I can't stand dull pencils! Truly! I typically opt for a mechanical pencil when given a choice--but I have two regular pencils on my desk right now that are really bumming me out. (making me sad/mad :) )

Will you send a picture of your garden to Katherine when you've finished planting? Hope so!

Sleep tight, and don't let the bedbugs bite. (That's an Americanism, I think, tho I imagine bedbugs to be pretty universal. :) )

m

Guest tearose

I want to see a picture of you Corina on your flower packed garden scooter!!! My goodness, what a wonderful picture you paint for us of this day!

Thank you for the pink rose!!! Did you know I love pink roses? :rolleyes:

I started to think about the things that make me happy because of this thread Corina, and I found myself smiling just to think of them. Thank you for that! I think I will make a list now.

I find some things like an unexpected smile or seeing people helping each other...seeing compassion makes me happy.

Eating good food makes me happy. Sunny bright skies. A warm hug.

The feeling I get after emptying my Bladder!

Pink tea roses. Spending time with people I love.

Getting into my compression garments. Not having to think about my health challenges.

Sunsets, sunrises...stars

My friends here at the forum.

oh heck, I guess I like living life...I am so happy to have you all on my journey!

Wishing you more pink roses and a garden full of pleasure!

Take care, tearose

Guest Julia59

Thank you Corina.

What a nice story! You made me think of the little story of my own that just happened just this past weekend.

We got about 4-5 inches of snow here in Toledo, Ohio. I was pretty up set because it was just 80 degrees 5 day's before that! But do you know what.....?

Three litttle yellow tulips were peaking out of the snow just to remind us that it really is spring. The snow was gone by Monday afternoon.

Oh Corina, my husband grew up singing edel weiss the song that captain Von Trap sang near the end of the movie. His family is Swiss and his father and grandfather were musicians all their lives. His Father also yodeled and sang. My husband accompanied the group when he was a little boy and has been singing ever since. He was in a few plays and such, and once sang in an opera with Roberta Peters----and he still sings edel weiss. Many friends and family ask him to sing it a various affairs. He gets kind of embarrassed, but he does it anyway, my Grandmother always loved it so he sang it at her funeral.

And Ernie, I love it when my Dog sits with me too. She is a gift for me as she is just 8 pounds and easy for me to handle. We were going to get a golden retriver just before I crashed with POTS, but for some reason we ended up with a pomeranian.................... God works in mysterious ways.

Thanks for sharing. :):D:rolleyes::)

Julie :0)

Thanks for explaining Merril (though I never heard of biting bedbugs before :rolleyes: ).

Tearose: you got my point: I like living life and I so much want to enjoy it. I won't let any more time pass by, I just grab it and enjoy it! POTS won't destroy my life (nor my families life)

Julia, Edelweiss is my favourite song of this movie, I think it's so touching. I wish I could hear your husband sing it. That must be very beautiful!

Today we're celebrating our Queens birthday and there are a lot of outdoor activites in our village (and all over the Netherlands) so I'll ask my husband to take me out when he comes home from work! We look like an all orange country today, everybody wears orange!

Wish all of you a very bright and sunny day!

Corina

I had another sleepless night last night and woke up to read your wonderful post this morning. It definitely put me in a better frame of mind and put a smile on my face. Now I'm motivated to get my summer flowers planted too. I plan to do that tomorrow, as it's too rainy here today.

Thanks Corina for sharing and brightening my day. :rolleyes:

Gena

Well, Corina and everyone,

With Corina's motivation, I made it to the Garden Center yesterday too. Though it's overcast with a threat of rain, it was so fun! I picked out some beautiful impatients, pansies, violas and dark purple helliptrope. No, I didn't get them planted, but at least they are here when I am ready.

Thank you Corina! Hope you made it to the festivities today. I'm curious - why orange? It'd be fun to see a satellite picture of that! :rolleyes:

Also, being a rose lover myself, I'm curious what the rose is that you mentioned is your favorite - a yellow orange rose? I love the apricot colored ones and I love to grow Old Garden Roses - their fragrance is fantastic. I also have a lot of the new English style roses.

Have a good and happy day all!

Roselover

Guest Julia59

I love white roses-------so beautiful........then pink, then yellow.....

Red is my least favorite, but still beautiful.

A couple of years ago my Son and I had a disagreement, actually he was being a jerk, so I made him get out of the car and walk home. He has since moved out on his own.

He knocked on the dorr about 20 minutes later as we were not far from home anyway. He asked if he could come in because he knew I was still mad.

I said OK.

He walked in with the most beautiful rose---Yellow with reddish/orange tips. I could not stay mad at him, after seeing that sorrowful look on his face.

That rose lived for two weeks!

Roselover, orange is our national color. It's because our royal family is called : Van Oranje Nassau (from Orange Nassau). I'll ask the seller next time what the name is of my favourite rose. I just love them but I don't know much about roses. Although I do know that there is a light pink rose without thorns, did you know that?

Julia, that was a very beautiful story you told, about your son. I very much liked the poem he wrote you. Is he okay after his accident?

Have a nice weekend all!!!

Corina

Guest Julia59

Thank you Corina,

My son Mike is doing fine. I still worry about him driving up to Michigan, but then again I am a worry wort. I just worry more now that he rolled a car. Actually his driving record was really good before that. Only one accident and one speeding ticket when he was 18. So for five years nothing---which is unusual for a guy in their late teens early twenties.

Because of his past good record, I believe that is why the cops didn't ticket him for the roll over accident, and there were no other cars involved. There were wind shears that day too, which didn't help matters when he tried to gain control of the car after over correcting. The insurance compnay may cover part of it----also, due to the good driving record. I beleive at some point it will hit him just how serious this whole thing was.

We all feel very blessed that he is alive and well.

Thank you for asking---it means a lot to me. My son is my life.