Enlarged Thyroid Anyone?

Freaked

Had an endocrinologist appointment the other day and he said my thyroid was enlarged and firm (that I had a goitre in other words). My TSH levels have always been normal, but he tested me for TPO antibodies which would indicate hashimotos disease and maybe other things. My mom actually has hashimotos but don't know my results yet.

Any other POTS people have enlarged thyroid?

I have multiple nodules and extrememly high antibodies yet several endos say this is not a problems because all levels are fine TSH , Free T etc... Always wondered about this ..also had a fine needle aspiration on the largest nodule which was benign...one endo said they would all need to be tested to rule out cancer, others don't agree...sigh...

My maternal grandmother had Grave's disease and my mother and sister have hashimoto's. An endocrinologist told me my thyroid was enlarged last fall but so far all test are within normal ranges and my antibodies are normal. But, my mom went through years of hashimoto's symptoms before her tests started to come back abnormal and they would treat her. I'm kind of just waiting for the day the tests finally come back abnormal.

I have Hashimoto's. My first symptom was an enlarged thyroid. My TSH wavered in and out of "normal" range for awhile. About a year after my first thyroid test I was started on synthroid. My dr did not start me immediately with my first high TSH result b/c of tachycardia that was unexplained. Of course he was not familiar w POTS, nor were a couple other drs I saw at that time. After exhaustive cardiac tests I was informed I was anxious. The tachycardia settled down over the following months and I was started on synthroid which fortunately has worked well for me. I believe there is some sort of connection between Hashimoto's and POTS, for me.

Much to my surprise I also have multiple nodules equaling a goiter. All thyroid testing has always been normal. I just had a third ultrasound last week because we're watching these nodules over time. One of them grew larger between the first to second ultrasound, so we'll see what this latest one shows. I worry about thyroid cancer - I really don't need anymore problems.

I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. I mistook my pots symptoms for the thyroid just being not treated properly for a long time.

First, I will say: TSH is not the best indicator of your thyroid. Get your T4, T3, and Free T's tested as well as antibodies. There are things that can suppress the TSH and make it seem more normal than it is.

Secondly, if you worry about thyroid cancer due to nodules and enlargement, just know that the survivability rate of thyroid cancer is like 95 percent! All they have to do is yank that sucker out and put you on medication, and removing the thyroid is not dangerous if you are on meds, it's not needed. So even if anyone comes back with thyroid cancer, just keep that in mind!

I've had a goiter for years, as well....probably almost 10. All tests normal...just had 3rd ultrasound...always in normal range but recently I had horrible lump in throat sensation again that almost felt like mild choking...so I emailed my dr and had another ultrasound and slew of blood work as well as the TSH Free3 or whatever the other ones are....I see my Dr next week...I have not seen him in months.....odd how this can all be "normal" ...he is a 50 minutes away or I would've seen him when I felt the enlargement. It even made me hoarse this time if I talked or raised my voice (like to yell pleasantries to neighbors across the street briefly!)

It creeped me out but like usual, just faded away. It would be nice if the test told us more of what was going on...I've had nodules for years, sometimes more than others. My autonomic dr is an endocrinologist so he checks things frequently.