Muscle Tightness

My muscles started seizing up in my back and neck since the POTS symptoms started 6 years ago. Wondering if this is common? Prior to 6 years ago, I had no tight muscles (except neck when sinus headaches accompanied), no heart race, no dizziness, no gastro symptoms and no chemical sensitivities and no MSG allergy. All started at once. Most can be remedied with salt tabs and lots of fluids. The muscles that seize up are a problem.

I experience this, too. Mostly neck spasms, but also lots of foot and leg cramps. They seem to increase when my electrolytes get out of whack. I was prescribed a muscle relaxant after it became apparent that physical therapy and chiropractic treatments were not going to resolve the issue. I hope you get some relief!

I get this too - horrific neck & shoulder spasms & muscle seizes so I can't turn my head. It's not fun!! My pots neuro says its v common in pots -- hypoperfusion to the large muscles above the heart. Search for "coat hanger pain" here and youll find many others have posted about it over the years.

My pots neuro recommends moist heat, but that doesn't usually touch it. Usually my osteopath really can help, but this month has been bad, so I too was taking a muscle relaxant. I use flexeril. I always try taking 1/2 pill first, which usually is enough. This week I took a whole pill & it saved me.

My family keeps telling me to lie on the floor with my legs propped up on a chair to force the blood down into the shoulders & head... lol. I prefer Epsom salt baths (not too hot of course). I usually try the bath before resorting to muscle relaxers... but it's good to have lots of tools in your arsenal for this type of pain...

Best of luck...

Wondering if this is part of my problem. I have not been able to bend or lift anything. I get such pain and pressure below my sternum, right rib and in my middle back. The doctors look at me like I am crazy. Today, I couldn't even lift a half gallon of juice without this happening and of course, my blood pressure shoots up super high when this happens. Maybe it is from tight muscles? I have been afraid it was vascular, or my spine. So far no one can tell me. The gastro is the only doctor that seems to be interested in finding answers.