Help With Lab Resultsv Please Please Please

Hi guys. Can anyone tell me if they have had experience with these labs coming back positive and if it led to a diagnosis of anything for u?

Adolase 10.6

Achr recp binding ab .04 rfefernce less than .02

Striational ab 1:480 reference less then 1:60

Achr recp modulating ab 19 percent reference less than 20 percent (reported as loss of achr)

Everything else thus far is normal

Ive read an indication of muscle disease and mg but im confused.

Thx for ur input

~sarah

Nothing yet. Im in a waiting speculating phase till he calls =/ these came back on my paraneoplastic panel from mayo. So im freaking a little about the possibilty of cancer and just trying to find a bit more info on differential diagnosis with these results. For me its like reading in the dark because this is so out of my realm of knowledge.

Have you goggled this test? I know with the AAD test that comes from MAYO, I have found information on test results. I would think this might be true for this test also. I am waiting on these test results for my son.

Those are tests that indicate autoantibodies, and therefore are looking for autoimmune problems.

Adolase looks for muscle or liver damage - Adolase is an enzyme that helps break down sugars into energy.

The second indicates antibodies that bind to ACh receptors.

The third indicates antibodies usually run to check for myasthenia gravis, though it may be present in other autoimmune disorders.

The fourth indicates antibodies that modulate ACh receptors.

So, it looks from a glance that your Adolase could possibly be high (but without the specific lab range, that may not be true!)

Also, two other tests appear to be in the normal range. The binding antibody is double the reference limit, but the doctor may be looking for something massively high before they consider it to be an issue.

I take it this was part of the Mayo Dysautonomia Panel? That is generally used to rule out a whole bunch of either known dysautonomia causes OR other disorders that can mimic the symptoms.