My Pots In The Newspaper

I wanted to make a new topic for the newspaper story about me and POTS I had asked for tips on. I'm very happy with how this came out. It explains POTS in the little bit of space a newspaper allows without minimizing nor catastrophizing it. I think your average person could read it without their head feeling like it is going to explode and they would walk away with a basic understanding of POTS

I just suggested the story and (granted I know the reporter very well) they said yes! It makes me think anyone who would be willing to be in the newspaper should contact them and offer their story... Especially in smaller areas That'd really help with awareness and help others get diagnosed.

Here it is: http://mywebtimes.com/archives/ottawa/display.php?id=477736&query=Pots

Hi jackie,

Great article. Very positive. Good luck on your fund raiser.

Just an fyi about your symptoms. I had 9 of those when I caught h pylori and parasites at the same time.

I understand a cdsa is the best way to dx these. But anyone can attempt to treat these on their own.

I was told my infection was too severe for natural treatments tho. I used these in addition to prescription

meds tho.

Before and after treating these, my oi symotoms are purely from hypoperfusion. Tc .. D

Great story! Plus an excellent article about what POTS really is and how it effects people's lives. I hope the treatment center in Dallas will help. I would love to take my son to something like this, but at this time our cardiologist believes we need to rule out some other autoimmune things first.

I'm happy you guys feel we were well represented. :)

I will be blogging in detail about my experience and will leave you guys a link when the time comes.

Looneymom -- I think waiting until every possible root cause is ruled out to try biofeedback is a good idea. If I knew the root cause I've my POTS, I'd focus on that first. I've given every new treatment option 6 months (each new medication, exercise, fluid adjustment, salt therapy, etc...) with little significant improvement. Right now it seems I have all of the information I'm going to get for the time being, so I'm looking forward to trying biofeedback in hopes it at least helps me be able to exercise and keep up the house!

Dizzysillyak, thanks for the suggestion. How did you find out about the parasites and h pylori? I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy. Luckily there was no h pylori!

My sister had POTS and my mom has EDS, so I think I was predisposed and getting really bad mono set it off.

Tachy, thanks! I always go into every treatment thinking, "this is going to be it", even after 5 years of failure. I'd rather be optimistic and disappointed for awhile than always pessimistic. So, I'll say it -- I have a feeling this will bring me at least some relief!