Stress And Flares?

Hello,

I had a lot of stress recently and my POTS was mad, HR high etc feeling dizzy....

Now im back home im calm feeling better and my HR the past few days is not going up much, like i dont even have pots etc.. Does this happen to you? It's asif its gone completely fingers crossed it doesnt flare up.

lol.

Yes, I think that high-stress situations and environments are just too much for my body and its a huge trigger for my symptoms to flare.

I really don't like to consider myself "sensitive" or "delicate" but I have started trying to accept that I do have to be careful to take care of myself. Modifying my lifestyle a bit so I'm not in very high-stress environments has made a difference for me. Lately I've been quite busy and I've also been flaring up pretty badly.

Having read that the autonomic dysfunction is there before the extremely sensitive reactions to stress/anxiety etc was a relief as most doctors kept telling me that it was the other way around; that anxiety was causing my symptoms, now I KNOW this isn't true. With autonomic dysfunction the body becomes sensitised and reacts very quickly and that's why we have to become calmer and more chilled. Hard when it's now built-in! Balance is key but it takes some doing :)

I'm having bad relapse at the moment.

I think of it this way: in a partial rotator cuff tear one might not be able to lift a gallon of milk out of the fridge. it's not that the muscles wouldn't be strong enough or that they don't have the range of motion but the cuff is broken/torn so the activity won't be tolerated. So it is with my ANS - not that I can't mentally tolerate stress, but the system in place to manage physiological responses are broken. I don't worry about it anymore or question myself. It's like playing the piano with a broken and splinted thumb...song's not the same. Hang in everyone!!

The less stress you can put on your body, the better off you are in the beginning. Since you have just been recently diagnosed, your body is having to make adjustments to new medications, exercise, or other therapies that your doctor wants you to try. Be patient with yourself, flares are part of POTS. Everyday is different and remember to be flexible with your schedule if this is possible.

It's an easy way to end an argument with my husband, lol. I just have to say, "You're making me sick," and argument over, because we both know that when I get stressed my symptoms go through the roof. Over the past two years I have pretty much wrapped my life around the idea of living stress-free. I had no choice.

Yup.

I was working regular 9 hour days and then i had a really stressful crazy day.

The last hour i had a meltdown i could feel on the way.

Barely made it home went to bed. Got up 1 am took a clonapin.

Got up 5 am in trouble and ended up in ER. Last time thats happened in a year.

Dont forget just about anything can be a significant stressing event in DA

From heat, to diet, to family troubles, pain, dehydration, headaches, food allergies.

Anything that flares you including your digestive tract can send you into a spiral.

For me hitting the bed and hydrating in a cool quiet place is best, sometimes

for 24 hours.