Not Sopposed To Take Allergy Meds Before Ttt?

Hi guys. I have a ttt tuesday..yuck but other than the expected dread of it im not sopposed to take any antihistimines for 2 days prior which means today and tommorow and of course day of. I already broke down and took a claritan cause i was vearing towards an asthma attack this am. Anyone had this issue what did u do? Im not asking for advice just ur experience with this. And if i do take it how will this effect my tilt results? Lil worried here, since im not to take albuterol either and the nurse just shrugged when i said ill have constant asthma attacks if i stop my meds.

Also will taking antihistimines effect blood draw results, for example ANA and autoimmune stuff?

Thx =)

Guest Alex

Sarah,

Best of my knowledge, the antihistamines should not interfere with the autoimmune blood work, not sure what to suggest about the other issue.

Hopefully someone with experience with this will chime in soon.

Best,

Alex

My son was never taken off his allergy medicines before any of his testing. He had 2 ttt and they were positive both times. MAYO also did blood work but they did take my son off midodrine and florinife 48 hours before ttt.

Thx Looney,

Ithink ill try as long as i can but i think it would be better to take one than end up with a massive asthma attack and in the er....fortuanatly im already off all other meds for the time being. Too many side effects so that worked out. I couldnt imagine cold turkey off everything i was once on all at once =o

I would venture to think that asthma attacks and air hunger are part of dysautonomia. I never had allergies until pots but my 3 yr old for sure has allergies...freaks me the f out. but wouldn't do anything to discomfort yourself....my hr was 150 today but some days it is only 100 standing; my doc is not figuring this out albeit\ maybe because I refuse to try any med out there.

where do you live? I heard there is a good cardio in Cleveland ohio dr. Muhammad oli who treats pots patients. I have also read some of his political articles, although not republican or etc. he seems very intelligent and kind.

Thx Angela,

I have suto dysfunction all my life and allergies since a toddler too...so its the chicken or the egg thing...its def all connected somehow.

Im seeing Dr. Chemali here in Norfolk va. He used to be at the Cleveland clinic but now has a neurology office hear with a full autonaumic lab. So far so good. I waited a long time to see him and hope he is worth it because i am in no way able to travel, financially or physically...=) fingers crossed. My ttt and q sart are tommorow...yuck =p

From what I was told by my doctors, I needed to be off florinef for a full two weeks prior to any testing b/c I was told it takes a long time to clear your system. Additionally, the day of the test, I was allowed to bring my rescue inhaler but was asked to avoid using it if at all possible b/c the medications in it tend to help speed up heart rate, which can interfere with test results. I was permitted to continue taking zyrtec and singulair, but not take ANY medications with a decongestant like Allegra D, etc., again b/c the stuff in the "D"are cardioactive.