Compression Stocking Usage Poll

Compression Stocking Usage Survey  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Sigvaris doff'n donner can make getting hose on easier on the hands (though not for pantyhose), or for someone else to help you. It takes practice (15-20 tries) and close watching of web YouTube videos. An added benefit (not) is that you can pay $100 for something that looks like a giant phallus do decorate your bathroom. My ordeals with hose and associated gear have my daughter thinking about medical product design as a career. For the cost, one would think these things could be a little less ugly.

• 9 months later...

Since this poll has been resurrected I'll provide an update. While I found wearing compression hose to be extremely helpful I ultimately had to give them up because over time I started to develop unbearable burning pain to my skin while wearing them. I guess that would be considered mechanical irritation. A trigger to be avoided for MCAD patients. I do however still wear my abdominal binder. Don't know what I would do without it. Compression garments can make a huge difference for some people. Definitely something to at least try.

Janet

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not quite diagnosed yet, but a few weeks before my neuro suggested that it might be dysautonomia, I started wearing compression socks for running, and they helped so much. So much that it was weird.

I don't know if it would make a difference in daily life, but I do have a lot abdominal bloating/distension and general discomfort, so I've ordered a supportive undergarment to see if that helps at all.

I'm not hoping for much, but worth a shot. And I'm definitely going to get more compression gear for running and see if it helps with heat intolerance in the summer. Anything that keeps me running.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to add to this as I have been wearing compression since late September, both 15-20 and 20-30. They are a huge help.

However, now the weather is starting to warm up and it is so humid! I have been panicking because my higher strength tights are all opaque and hot! (They are Solidea - I found a sale! Very nice for winter.)

For the summer heat I have ordered these puppies: http://www.discountsurgical.com/absolute-support/a716.thigh-hi-compression-leggings-no-foot-20-30mmhg.21645.html

Those are the coolest option I could find that still cover the most leg (and allow me to wear sandals!). I also ordered some sheer open-toe thigh-highs and one pair of O/T sheer waist high in 30-40 for really bad days. The sheers I have now are much cooler than the opaques for hot weather.

They should all be here by next week so I will let you all know how they are. Gah - the only thing more expensive than a compression wardrobe is a compression wardrobe for two seasons! :P