Bye Bye 5 Year Relationship

I'm so sorry to hear this. Was he/she a major support to you? I hope you still have someone to be there for you, and if not, we are here. People that cheat don't really need what most would consider a good reason to do so. (In my opinion there is no good reason anyway). If he/she did blame it on the POTS, I think it is him/her deflecting attention from the real problem.The cheating isn't a reflection of you or chronic illness, but of your partner. There are a good amount of people with chronic illness with faithful partners who don't go out and cheat. There is no good reason to cheat on someone! Were you guys together prior to the onset of your illness? If not, maybe when you find someone new, they'll be a better fit because they'll always know you with your current limitations.

Cheaters are cheaters regardless... mine cheated on me after 18 years. The shock and disgust were terrible. The emotional upheaval for folks like us really mess us up physically--the body doesn't really make a distinction for us between physical and emotional stressors--either way, the balance was WAY out of whack.

I started regularly going to yoga around that time--I'd started before that, but went more often when i was living alone--and don't think I did all those crazy poses...I modified significantly

I know it's hard to think about right now, but a world of possibilities has opened. I didn't believe that either--and yet, my life improved in so many ways afterward. Yes, it was VERY hard for the first year or so, particularly when I had to physically move out of my home of 12 years. The stress took a big physical toll for a while, and then things settled down...and i met someone BETTER. Who knew. I'm getting married in November.

OOOf. half thought... tired this weekend and brain is all POTSy. I wanted to also say that yoga really helped me calm my nervous system down; even if just the breath and meditation part of it. For me it was a refuge in the middle of what felt so chaotic and out of control--i knew i could control only me (to a small extent anyway).

Sorry to hear that. That kind of stress doesn't help at all. Just remember, water seeks its own level. My husband suffers from chronic illness as much as me, not the same type, but he is equally miserable. Health compatibility can go a long way =) I hope you find peace soon.

Stress is something that our bodies have a difficult time dealing with. The ups and downs in life can create more flares and symptomatic moments that are not always avoidable. Positive thinking is very important when life challenges you with situations like this. You will find someone who you can trust again. Try on-line dating and after getting to know them, when you choose to share with them about your health, seeing your illness in a positive light will help as most men like someone with a positive outlook on life and even us with a chronic illness can enjoy being in a happy relationship if we focus on the good things in life.

So sorry that this has happened to you, this sort of issue tends to send our symptoms into over drive for a while. I hope you are able to move through this part of your life without too much knock on effect to your body.

Take care of yourself.

You are welcome Andy. I've been to the place you are... be kind to yourself, give yourself time to be sad, and when you're done with that... move along! You deserve better than someone who doesn't have the guts to say goodbye BEFORE moving to the next partner.