Has Anyone Else Been Really Sick This Winter/spring?

trice125

Has anyone else been really sick this winter/spring? I'm hoping not but then again if I'm not alone it might make me feel a little better. I first got the flu, then bronchitis, then pneumonia and now SHINGLES and of course my dysautonomia symptoms don't go away when I have other illnesses going on if anything they get worse.

Sorry to hear you have been so ill! I've actually felt better this spring than last spring so far. I live in a cooler climate though and cooler weather is kind to me. We are suppose to be in the 70's next week. We shall see if my luck holds out. I hope you are on the upswing soon!

YES! Nothing as serious as yours, but I've also been sick with back to back stuff. My daughter had a little cold that took her 2 days to get over, then I got it really bad and was sick for 2 weeks. Just as I was getting better from that, she developed fifth disease and I guess I caught it because I started getting throat and gland pain. Within days of that, I started again with congestion and coughing and I'm still fighting symptoms. It's been almost a month and I'm still sick! Where's the immune system when you need it??

I had the flu in late February, full blown positive tested influenza. I have never had the actual flu before and I have to say I completely understand the hype around it now. I got a sinus infection from it because decongestants elevate my HR too much so I can't take them, and a secondary infection. It took me completely out for about 2 weeks, but luckily I recovered strong after that.

Not sure if this works for everyone but when I'm ill I load up on (decaf) green tea, I was skeptical about it but it really does boost my immune function it seems!

I have been sick almost every 2 weeks since Thanksgiving. Sinus stuff, stomach flu twice, once requiring hospitalization. My daughter has been sick too. She had a wicked case of strep along with the tummy bugs and the sinus stuff too. My middle boy had a couple rounds of it, but not too bad. Oldest boy barely got sick at all. Lucky him!

I really really hope that as it gets hot here the germs will go away. Then I will just feel crappy from the heat!

Feel better soon!

I had severe gastroenteritis back in February. I have never experienced anything like it before. Ended up in the ER for hydration and med for pain and nausea. Its so frustrating the way acute illnesses seem to have a lingering negative effect on POTS symptoms.