A Bad Batch Of Midodrine

Hi Everyone-

I haven't been on here much because I've been doing better! But, I had a very strange turn of events in the last month and I'm looking for insight. I've been on 5mg of Midodrine for the past 2 years and it's helped a lot - no more seizures, able to stand for 10 minutes, able to work way too many hours, etc. I got my script refilled and started taking the new medication. The pills look the same as they did before but suddenly, I couldn't function. I was exhausted and sleeping through three alarms and not able to get into work until 11am. I looked pale and had headaches every day. I was nauseated and lost about 10 pounds. Finally, I came out of the fog enough to check my BP and it was low as was my heartrate (80/50 p49!!) I'm always tachy, even on the midodrine. So I stopped taking it because I know midodrine can drop your heartrate.

Within 24 hours, I came back to being myself. I have the chest pain and the GI issues and the inability to stand up for more than 2 or 3 minutes, but I can get myself into work.

I spoke to a friend of mine with POTS who just had her Midodrine refilled and had the same reactions. Anyone here having issues after a refill??

I should say that it was a different pharmacy, but the same chain (CVS).

Sara

Is it from a different manufactuer/distriutor? I take zofran and get bad reactions from one manufactuor and not others...It will say on the bottle and you can ask for a certain manufacturer. They are all suppose to make them the same but that doesnt seem to be the case anymore...