Nerve Block For Cervicogenic Headache?

Has anyone had any experience with cervicogenic headaches (chronic) and had any experience with nerve blocks? Or for that matter any other helpful treatment aside from nsaids and muscle relaxers. I can no longer take flexeril which was my onlly relief and am desperate for relief but dont wanna exacerbate any other symptoms of ans dysfunction. Thx =) hope all is well and everyone is hanging in there.

I have experience with chronic headaches but not with nerve blocks for it. I am currently on flexeril but it doesn't really help. I saw a neurologist a couple months ago and he said he wanted to try botox and/or nerve blocks as soon as he could get insurance approval for them but I haven't heard anything back about it though. I'm interested in any information you learn from others on this site.

I'm sorry you're having headaches. I don't have them and can't answer those questions but I had terrible neck pain, excrutiating pain that I got an occipital nerve block for and it was amazing how much it helped, it made the pain completely go away!!!! If you get the treatment, I hope it helps!!!! Feel better.

Trice..thats exactly what im looking into. Im nervous though. Flexeril was one that would help the next day but has been taken away as it can exacerbate arthymias sooo im back to tylenol, which im sure as u know is like taking a sugar pill..ugh

Miss traci, thats encourageing. My headaches come from neck, referred pain in my temples eyes and basically entire head, even my ears hurt. It makes me get "sick" and unable to see or move my jaw. Im glad to hear uve had success. Did u have any negative side effects from the optical nerve block?

My mom has mvp but no other symptoms other than hypotnsion and she has recently started getting nerve blocks and said they are amazing!

Hey, the only negative side effect and the doctor forwarned me about it was tender/soreness for the rest of that day. At first it wasn't bad but later that night, i could barely turn my head. After that went away though, so did all the pain I was having.