Excedrin

Relax86

Anyone ever use this med regularly to treat symptoms?? I have ear pain, lower BP (way worse in the am), and lowered immunity. I weaned from hydrocortisone which really worked for me, and replaced with 2 advil in the am and 2 in the pm. Just for an anti-inflam help. My menstrual cycles are bad but last one was dangerous. I was wondering if the advil was thinning my blood. I did use Midrodine successfully for a while but seemed like my BP can some days normalize in the afternoon and then even a little midrodine would be too much. My veins in my hands won't seem to behave and when they light up I also have OI. I'm looking for anti inflam, vasoconstrictor, pain reliever. Kinda watching the thread of people trialling sudafed but I'm easily tachy and afraid. Anyone have success or find this didn't work?

I do sometimes take excedrin for migraines but I have to be careful because the sudden dose of caffeine can send my tachycardia wild. And it causes my hand tremors to be worse. Also, keep in mind that aspirin is a blood thinner too which is one ingredient of this Med.

Actually I think aspirin is a longer acting blood thinner than the advil is so this may not be what you are looking for.

I also take excedrin at times for my migraines and find it can be helpful, but usually can only tolerate one dose here and there. Even trying to take 2 doses in one day makes my symptoms worse as Katybug noted. I do like the boost from the caffeine though! :)

My ears drove me crazy for years...Finally after being treated for ear infections forever, my PC said that when she didn't take her thyroid meds she got terrible ear pain. I then told her I used to be on thyroid meds years ago and then they stopped them as I was borderline hypo. I had all the symptoms and many docs treat on symptoms. Once on the med, the crazy cycle of ear pain and infections went away. Once in a while I will get one, but I was having non stop pain and I was on allergy meds as well.

Hope you find some relief soon. That pain is terrible, well all pain is... Hang in there and keep us posted.

Hugs.

I used to use excedrin migraine when i felt a migraine coming on but after my POTS flared up I couldn't use it anymore because of the caffeine. I took a dose for a migraine one night and I was up all night (think unable to keep eyes shut) with adrenalin surges and crazy tachycardia...my brain was racing, and I actually thought I was going nuts. I find aspirin to be very tolerable, but then I am on a baby aspirin regimen following cardiac surgery.I also have bad menstrual cycles and I started taking an iron supplement called Iron Glycinate (which is gentle iron...its easy on the tummy and has B12, Folic Acid and Vitamin C) to prevent anemia and beef up my hemoglobin that might be lowered by the use of NSAIDs.

Thanks all. I bought it but haven't tried it yet. I stopped taking advil last Thursday in preparation for trialling excedrin. I bought it but I'm afraid. Also I've been feeling decent. Accidentally found out that night time work outs - literally the last thing I do before I get in bed - correlates with elevated BP's for me. Usually - if my morning BP is 90/60 or better my day is very tolerable.

That being said, I might try the excedrin if I get a migraine or for menstrual cramps during my next cycle. I am afraid of tachycardia. It's the symptom I tolerate the least. I usually get tachy if my BP is low. I won't get tachy with 2 cups of coffee so I'm hoping that I tolerate the excedrin and gain some vasoconstriction as well. We shall see.