-FRACTIONATED

BLOOD

-CELIAC DISEASE ANTIGEN SCREEN WITH REFLEX
-KAPPA/LAMBDA FREE LIGHT CHAINS WITH RATIO
-NUCLEAR ANTIBODY ANA SCREEN ONLY
-CPK
-IMMUNOFIXATION
-IMMUNOGLOBULINS QUANTITATIVE IGA IGG IGM

any idea what these check and rule out ?

www.labtestsonline.org

24 h urine metanephrines - for pheochromocytoma

celiac disease screening - for celiac disease - an autoimmune disease

ANA screen - general test for autoantibodies - needs to be accompanied by more specific subsequent tests for particular antibodies if it turns out to be positive (sometimes the titer and pattern can point towards a more specific dx)

CPK - creatine phosphokinase aka CK - monitors muscle damage including damage to the heart muscle produced by a myocardial infarction

see website above for the other tests, they give very detailed explanations to most blood/urine tests drs order.

Best,

Alex

IMMUNOGLOBULINS QUANTITATIVE IGA IGG IGM - Checks to see if your body can fight off bacteria, viral or fungal attacks. It is your body immune defense system.

This it the test that diagnosed me with Common variable immune deficiency. My IGG were very low and my IGM didn't show at all. My IGA was good so I was still able to fight off respiratory infections. Usually IGA is low with IGG and you get a lot of upper respiratory infections with that combo.

Hey Arizongirl. In my blood work- I have had this done twice. - IEP INTERPRETATION

Both times (urine and Serum) the results say - Serum immunofixation fails to show monoclonal IgG, IgA, IgM, kappa light chains, or lambda light chains.

So, what does that mean? Does it mean my immune system is ok?