Right Ventricular Conduction Delays,pvc And Left Atrial Enlargement

k&ajsmom

Ok soooo my ekg results are left artrial enlargement, right ventricular conduction delay and unifocal consistant pvc with normal sinus rythem

What does this mean...google just scares me. Is it true the atrial enlargement result on ekg could be false? And what the heck is a conduction delay? Is this pots related or what??????? =p

I had an echo and was never told results waiting for the records..of course i was never told about these reults either until i pulled the record...?? HELP? I have another ekg thats even more worrysome but havent gotten the record yet...these doctors stink at communicating...(sigh) thx guys

Have you talked to a electrophysiologist? I have found that many of the things they list in the records, that were not mentioned to me, are so small/minor to be insufficient to lead to any sort of conclusion. I have had all sorts of things show up on ekg, and I found that only a competent electrophysiologist was able to correctly interpret all the data.

I was told my son also had an "Intraventricular conduction delay" after an EKG. Apparently, it had showed up before and no one told me about it until one nurse mentioned it like I had already been told that. I was told it is nothing to worry about though. I did mark it in my records of his medical history.

Unfortuantly racer i have not. This was taken in the er and after many months applying and waiting for health insurance i am still waiting. Im assured i will know in the next weeks (sigh) so until then im left speculating which is a dangerous monster to wrestle with. Im hoping to get to a good doctor soon but my bills from hospital stays and followups with gi and general physicians have crushed me. I hope it is a situation where it isnt significant but i just dont know "what" it is im dealing with. Thx for the response. =)

Thx christy..that makes me feel a little better. Im in the middle of getting my daughters heart checked out too. Shes been having what i think is ist and pvcs ...so much harder to worry about ur babies than urself...thx again

RBBB - The impulse (that makes the heart contract) travels from the atria (top chamber of the heart) down AV node continues to ventricles. Somewhere for some reason in the right ventricle the rate is slowed down. If you have a copy of your ECG the right bundle branch block appears like a set of "rabbit ears" at the R wave on an ECG. It is not serious or life threatening. I doubt RBBB is POTS related.

You mention single (unifocal) PVC's. PVC's while very annoying are benign rhythm. EP docs are not incline to start treatment for single PVC's. I think I shared this before and the research is out there even with heart disease single PVC do not lead to sudden cardiac death and dangerous rhythms. Yes, there is a possibility of experiencing PVCs for dysautonomia patients. Especially, if the dysautonomia patient has high adrenaline levels or triggers that can cause adrenaline flood gates to open.

Left atrial enlargement will appear at lead II on the ECG sort of like the rabbit ears that I explained for RBBB. It is more of a bifurcated appearance at the P wave. You mentioned hx. AFIB. Atrial enlargement can be a precursor to AFIB.

There is SOOO many different heart rhythms out there and when you don't see normal sinus rhythm we think what is wrong with my heart. When actually there is a lot of rhythms that have no effect on the heart at all. When it is a change from normal sinus rhythm we expect for it to be picked up on a test, looked at by a dr, and addressed to us whether serious or not. Sorry that was not communicated to you.

I think when you get your echo results that will help clarify if any of your rhythm issues are structurally or mechanically related to your heart.