Abnormal Gastric Myoelectrical Activity In Pots - Study

I could use a WHOLE gastrointestinal tract pacemaker! Kind of embarrassing, but I can get gas build up in the intestines that does not move, and I just bloat and bloat. If I wouldn't take Milk of Magnesia to get things moving along, it would ALL just sit for days. When it is really bad, I have trouble breathing and I'm anxious and pacing(well, up for a few minutes then down). Every position I get in feels like I am cutting my circulation off in my abdomen.

Rachel,

if my understanding of the first article - the one posted by Rama - is correct, I believe they used cutaneous electrogastrography - recordings being made using the skin surface to evaluate the electrical activity of the GI tract.

see more on the technique hee:

www.bcidaho.com/providers/medical_policies/med/mp_20134.asp

Alex

Thanks Alex. Sue... are you sure you aren't having pseudo-obstruction? This can be part of dysautonomia. My gastro guy thinks that he can fix this next time it comes up and won't go away. I often bloat, but time, mestinon and fennel seed tea help. It's just that sometimes nothing helps (I guess that is when the nerves just aren't getting their messages through) and I have to go in to hospital. Sip and suck is what he called his methods (sounds nasty).