Good Days Bring Their Own Issues

ukwildcat

I know I shouldn't be complaining when I have a good day. However, good days bring with them their own issues. During bad days I'm just concerned with getting through the day with necessary activities, take the dog out, make food to eat, drink water or G2, get to restroom, etc. When I have a good day it has it's own issues. My house should be cleaner, I miss working, I should be doing more for other people. Also, the list piles up after a bad spell of everything I need to do. I have trouble with even good days health wise not turning into bad days mental wise. Anyone else feel this way??

Yes, good days can definitely have their own struggles. And it's exactly the types of things you just mentioned- having errands and tasks that are backed up from all the days of not feeling good. Plus then there's the struggle between doing the things I need to do and doing some thing I'd like to do. Sometimes it's a little discouraging because it seems like I hardly ever get to the things I'd like to do because I know I have such limited "good time" that I feel irresponsible if I brush off what I need to do for what I'd like to do.

Personally though I think the hardest days are the "in between days". It's easy on the days I feel dreadful to not be "productive" because I struggle so much with the basics. And although on really good days I feel like I have more to do than I can possible accomplish it still feels good to just feel that good. But the the days when I don't feel good and everything I accomplish comes at a huge physical price are the days I hate the most. I feel like I should be pushing more if I rest, but when I'm doing stuff it's a constant battle with my symptoms.

I wouldn't trade my good days for anything, but... I do have a problem that after a good day, I get so depressed when I get bad again. I try to tell myself I should be happy that I have had good days and they will come again. But having that glimpse of the old life, and then having it snatched away stinks.

I also am trying to make the most of the good days without overdoing it, not sure how successful I am with that. I have learned to do both chores and fun things. Yes we need to get some things done, but you know what our mental and spiritual health is just as important. Dirty dishes and laundry will always be there, so if you can do something fun - do it! I try to do something with my daughter I feel that is the most important thing.