Hearing Scheduled

After being denied twice for SSDI, I hired an attorney for my appeal. She felt my case was strong enough to ask for a decision on the record and submitted the request about 3 weeks ago. I got a call today that they couldn't approve it on the record, but they scheduled my hearing date for early June. This is really good because I was originally looking at the end of the year, possibly into early 2014. She said they will have a vocational expert for the hearing. This makes me nervous because unless this expert understands POTS and knows me, how are they in a position to say what I can and can't do? Anyway, I'm just happy for the early hearing date and hoping for the best.

Naomi, I went through this a couple of years ago. I was so glad that we got legal representation. The vocational expert actually helped. When the judge asked him if there were any jobs that would let me lay down as needed, and if there was going to be more than 4 days a month missed, would that be a problem for most employers. He said yes. The judge said that disability is granted. And that was it. I hardly had to say anything. Took about 30 min. Hope it goes well for you too!