What Are The Odds?

I'm so sorry to hear this. Is it for sure?

Different kinds of cancer can be an underlying cause for autonomic dysfunction. I was screened for small cell cancers.

Let us know how it goes! My friend who is a heart research nurse got it at age 40. Had the mastectomy, chemo and radiation. She is a little over a year post treatment and had a clear pet scan. She was stage 3 and has done very well and will consider reconstruction soon. Outcomes are really improving. Though treatment is tough to go through, it can be done successfully.

Take care.

I am so sorry to hear. It doesn't seem right that you should now have to deal with Breast cancer but I imagine your experience w Dysautonomia will help you so much in navigating this road. Do you know what stage? As AG said most treatment outcomes are hard, but successful. I will pray for God's comfort and peace upon you. Please keep us up to date on your progress.

Oh, whew! Hopefully everything will be fine - the extra thoughts and prayers wont hurt :)

I'm going through the same investigations. I had felt a lump before Pots but didn't pay much attention. When I was diagnosed with Pots, they investigated and biopsied the lump. While doing the biopsy they accidentally found a second lump - radiologist started doing the biopsy of that lump when I noticed "hey, your in the wrong spot" :o . Keep in mind that I had a mammo and an ultrasound that both missed the second lump.

That biopsy, a year ago, came back with good news (thankfully :). So I've been doing follow up testing every six months and recently had another mammo and ultrasound. This time, just like the last, the mammo showed NO trace of either lump, but they are still there...kinda scary when they already know exactly where they are! So now the surgeon wants to biopsy the second lump and is sending me for a breast MRI. He just wants to be sure.

Anyway, I'll be thinking of you and hope everything goes well. Keep us posted!

I've had two different lumps evaluated, one in my late 20s and one in my early 30s. It was scary and definitely a nerve wracking experience. Thankfully, mine were ok and it turns out I just have dense, fibrocystsic breast tissue. I will hope and pray that your results are benign. It is scary and I am sorry that you are going through it.