Fire Or Ice Feeling On Skin

Darlene

I don't know what it is, but I experience the same thing! Not so much the ice feeling, but the burning sensations are intense sometimes. I do say, though, that it sometimes feels like I have icy/hot on my skin so that may be similar to your icy feelings.

My guess is it's just another dysfuntion of the CNS.

I get these on the same places you mention as well.

Don't have any answers for it, but just know you're not alone in that symptom.

Sorry you have to deal with it. It's no fun!

I get this too- all peripheral when it comes to the icy chilled feel but I can have the hot burning feeling all over. I don't know why but I suspect the hot chemical burn feelings I get are due to Mast cell issues. I imaging the icy cold on my arms, shoulders, hands, legs, feet has more to do with poor circulation. Hmm -- my feet are in front of the fire now (and have been for over an hour). But they are ice cold.

This is one crazy condition.

I get the hot burning feeling on my skin -- and my skin often goes red. Only very occasionally do I get the icy feeling. Some of the skin symptom can be explained by food and med intolerances. Eg. yesterday I had to have a back tooth pulled and they gave me a lot of local anaesthesia (no adrenalin). Woke this morning with hot, red patches of skin. Sometimes I think anxiety can cause it, too. The hot skin feeling has been diagnosed as 'erythemia' which means hot skin apparently. Rolling my eyes at this. I do feel better in cold weather as hot weather exacerbates the problem.