Recovery Tights (Sports) Vs Compression Hose

yogini

I read on another forum that some people with POTS have had really good (miraculous) results wearing recovery compression tights. I was wondering whether anyone here has tried them?

Supposedly they are high compression and much more comfy than compression hose. You can also wear them when you sleep.

The tights recommended were Zoot Recovery tights. They are as expensive as compression hose, and seem to be the highest compression, plus have some funky technology which is supposed to help your muscle soreness after running. They are not cheap. There are actually lots of other brands and types of running tights, and none of my local stores had these particular ones in stock. It is very confusing

I just ordered a pair online and can't wait to see if they work. I am not expecting a miracle, but every little bit helps. Has anyone else tried them?

By the way, I wear compression hose sometimes, and it helps. But I am hoping these are better/more comfortable.

http://www.amazon.com/Zoot-Compressrx-Ultra-Recovery-Tight/dp/B001HBXTW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362154716&sr=8-1&keywords=zoot+recovery+tights

Edited by yogini

Thanks for posting this. Pricey ! I haven't tried these but I found this part very interesting. Maybe compression is more important for us than I thought it was ... tc ... d

• Muscle-specific zones of compression stabilize the hamstring and quadriceps and reduce muscle damage
    • Graduated compression from the knee to the waist that helps remove lactic acid improve blood circula

I paid $90 for the ones I ordered. You can get them cheaper on ebay, but they didn't have them in my size, plus I wanted to be able to return if the first pair doesn't fit. It is pricey. but I m curious to see if there is any benefit over compression hose. Being more comfortable and able to sleep in them is key, I think, since so many of us have morning issues. I will post an update after I get them.

Can't wait to hear what you decide. I was reading the comments on that Zoot page and saw some say the waist wasn't tight and I wondered how that would work for us. I've only tried compression garments, spanx bottom type, twice now and they seem to help but both hold my waist in really tight. I seem to need it there. When I tried on the upper spanx I didn't feel any thing but I notice a difference with the bottoms right away. These get really uncomfortable after awhile whenever I'm just sitting tho. I can't imagine sleeping in something like this.

Have you tried the spanx type ? Or are you just using the compression hose ? I haven't tried hose yet.

Spanx and other fashion shapewear didn't help my POTS at all. Compression hose helps, but is uncomfortable. For some reason I couldn't tolerate compression hose on my stomach, but I can wear a corset/abdominal binder. I've been using Vedette since the fall. It helps a lot and isn't as expensive as the tights. You may want to look into it. My tummy sticks out a lot. so the binder kills too birds with one stone!

I'm just curious to try the tights to see if they work differently than the hose. I did buy them and will hopefully get them in the mail this week! Will report back!