Anyone Else Experience This?

Hoshistorm

Are you able to?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last night I went to Disney on Ice with a friend. It was fantastic! I got home about 9:15/9:30, took a shower, and took my meds by 10 (my usual time). My meds include two types of sleeping pills. Since being on them I have never had the problem of insomnia. However, last night I was still wide awake at 4 AM. When I finally did fall asleep it was really restless.

Today I feel very achy, tired, weak, shaky, nauseous, and overall very symptomatic. Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to do things later in the evening?

Thank you!

Untill recently I would volunteer everu Sat. night at my local Hospital ER waiting room from 5pm-9pm by the time I get home settle down take meds ectra. I am unable to sleep and more symptomatic on Sunday. I am now in a active POTS relapes and all my symptoms are bad and I am not volunteering at all.

For me it's more about light exposure. I had Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome for years, until I took up darkness therapy, which involves filtering out the wavelength of light (465nm, blue) which suppresses melatonin production and thus keeps you awake. I uses to be most alert in the evenings, and thus, ore likely to do activities, but that pattern's changed now, and I go for gentler things that allow me to wind down. Watch out for computer and TV screens. They emit an awful lot of blue light, and it's one reason why they tend to keep you awake.

And yes, if I have a bad night's sleep I feel like **** the next day. Muscle pain, headache, dizziness, and generally feeling like a dead rat.

My body is wired to wake up between 5-6am - no matter when I go to bed - so, if I stay up too late, then I have a sleep deficit and suffer all the next day from it - it can even bring on a flare that takes days from which to recover - I dislike being such a creature of habit but, it is out of necessity......