Case Study Of Patient With Pots And Ms - Cerebral And Spinal Etiology Discussed

ramakentesh

Interesting! A bit difficult for me to understand. I would be interested in hearing how others interpret their findings. I also have questions if anyone can answer them:

Low thoracic fluid content (18 L/k Ohm), reflecting the low totally fluid volume in the chest cavity related to postural tachycardia, was observed by transthoracic electrical bioimpedance method. So there is a way to look at this?

In contrast to the nerve conduction studies of the lower extremity which showed no peripheral sensorimotor neuropathy,the prolongation of sympathetic skin response

(SSR) latency (2450 milliseconds) in legs demonstrated peripheral autonomic denervation. What is this? QSART?

In conclusion, we propose that peripheral autonomic denervation of legs from thoracic spinal cord atrophy and demyelination in our patient may be the pathophysiology of her POTS. I don't understand. Sounds like they're saying the cord problem is directly responsible for the neuropathy in the legs?

Just as I had thought on some of my previous MS posts, I think some of the etiology for MS will eventually open a door to some of the causes for some our our POTS. We have too many "jump out at you" things that are common with so many...so many have neck issues or spine/posture issues. Don't know the exact mechanisms, but something may show up from that area.

I think mechanical issues are just as strong as a suspicious factor as antibodies.

Definitely let us know if you are able to grab any more information.