Hrv-Does Yours Fluctuate Throughout The Day?

FarmerAmy

I have been using the HeartMath emWave to work on my HRV coherence. Today I noticed a pattern in my HRV throughout the day. In the morning and during the day it is very difficult for me to achieve HRV coherence. However, I am much better at achieving coherence at night.

This goes along with several other observations I've had. My POTS symptoms are the worst in the morning and I feel bad throughout the day. But I normally feel better late at night.

Also, it has always been hard for me to focus during the day--my thoughts are too scattered. I generally wait until evening if I need to really focus on something for work.

I feel like monitoring my HRV has given me a window into what is going on with my body.

Has anybody else experienced this daily variation in HRV coherence? I'm trying to figure out where to go with this new insight.

Amy

Sorry, no ones replied. Bio feed back and the language your utilizing aren't something common on here. I know I don't know what those things mean or have the tools to monitor them. So it would be hard to give you any kind of intelligent response.

Maybe if you explained what your doing and what it all means, you'll get a better response. You might need to do a new post with a different heading and start over.

Hope you get some in put.

FarmerAmy, I have definitely noticed that diurnal pattern with my symptoms as well. I also can one day keep myself in high coherence with ease and then the next day struggle a lot. I ususally do my breathing in the afternoon time around 2 pm, so I haven't tried it later on to see if I do better on my scores. I always thought this pattern must have something to do with cortisol, but my neurologist just said it had to do with renin/angiotenssin system having a hard time kicking in the morning and by the end of the day it was better. Who knows? I know another thing I've noticed is if I'm in a semi positive mood that day I score well, but if I'm feeling the least bit negative or having trouble concentrating on the positive things in my life I do really poorly. That's when you learn how your thought patterns affect your physiology.