Anyone Here Use Rogaine/minoxidil?

SeattleRain

Has anyone here used this for hair loss? I had mild hair loss since 2010 but when my POTS onset came it became accelerated and is noticeable enough to wear I want to start treating it now. I'm using Norizal shampoo along with a HairMax lazer comb but I'm not sure how well they're going to work. I know quite a few people who use minoxidil based products and it works really well for them.

I avoid chemicals like the plague but for vanity purposes I think I might have to be a little bit of a hypocrite. I am worried how it might effect my POTS symptoms, though. So, has anyone here used this? Had a bad reaction to it?

Thank you

Yes, and as a woman it is very hard to lose your hair. I have alopecia - which is autoimmune related. My doctor that I saw - said to NOT use the liquid but only the foam version of it. I had used the liquid and lost more hair. He said that there is something in the liquid that some react to and that is the result. I went through the laser cap treatment and actually went to the doctors office and sat under their machine to try to keep my hair. None of it worked. I had to have kenalog injections into the area that my hair came out in clumps to stop the autoimmune attack. In that spot, my hair did come back (but, not all of it) and it came back in the most pretty shade of silver. You see I have vitiligo too - where I'm losing my skin pigment color and that goes for the pigment in your hair. (This is also autoimmune related.) So, to answer your question ---if you want to try Rogaine - per my doctor's recommendation, only get the foam version. Some do find the laser comb or cap to help ---It didn't work for me. I'm hoping that my hair will get better with my new thing that I'm doing with diet. The doc. seems to think my immune system will improve and so things affected by it - should improve also. Time will tell.

Issie

• 5 years later...

I have had autoimmune alopecia universalsis since I was 12 , I have taken autoimmune suppressants and had numerous treatments none which had any lasting or promising effect,  I gave up all treatments at age 21 and I just wear wigs and headcovers. Minoxidil did nothing for me. Has it helped Green ?

On hairloss forums I have been in touch with four women who have POTS. Going bald is not easy to come to terms with whether your male or female but hair replacement solutions are pretty good these days and at least they don't have side effects!