Chronic Heart Burn

Darlene

used to take Nexium, but I no longer take it.

Now I rely on Tums but I don't need that too often.

A yucky for some but effective remedy are raw potatoes due to their high starch content. Some drink the juice, some (myself included) just munch on the raw potatoes. They taste better if you sprinkle them with salt...it's an acquired taste

Best,

Alex

I was on Omeprazole for over a year, then my pharmacist stopped filling my script because of an interaction with Fludrocortisone. I went back to my doctor and now I'm taking prescription strength Lansoprazole (Prevacid) daily.

I can't go without it, I've tried. It makes it impossible to sleep without waking up choking on acid. I do worry about the long term effects of being on a PPI though.

Tuesday,

you made me curious - I took that combo (omeprazole - florinef) for quite a while but no one told me about any interactions between the 2 of them. I stopped the PPI as I was afraid of potential long term side effects and ...strange enough my heartburn went away by itself shortly after.

Do you happen to know more about the interaction between those 2 - I looked online but couldn't find any info.

Thanks,

Alex

Akgirl,

on www.drugs.com you can check for interactions between any drugs you're taking. That's my go to site when it comes to researching a drug - side effects, interactions etc.

They don't mention any problems with florinef and omeprazole, that's why I'm curious about Tuesday's pharmacist reasoning.

I hope this helps.

Alex