Sad And Depressed

Altruism

I know 3 months of this seems like an eternity, but that actually isn't vey long in the POTS world. Sme of these medicines take several weeks to work and there is a lot of trial and error. Most people with POTS see improvement and its very individual. Reading articles can be scary. Mainly a dr (and time) will tell if it actually applies to you.

I just wanted to say hi, and I hope you find some relief. I'm taking Zoloft too and I'm upping it from 50mg to 75mg tomorrow to see if it improves my symptoms further.

My experience with late pregnancy was a little different than yours (I felt horrible in the first trimester, relatively better in the second and third), but I did have a POTS crash three weeks postpartum that sent us to the ER with our newborn, and by 4 months PP (in the heat of the summer) I was at another low and after the ER and my wonderful GP's not so wonderful partner wouldn't help me, ("Oh, I could prescribe you Ativan . . . oh wait, you're breastfeeding. Never mind. Just stop breastfeeding."), we were ready to check me in to the mental ward when we got in touch with our regular GP and got some ativan, which helped me with the horrible edgy feeling I was having before the Zoloft took effect.

Your body is still undergoing a lot of changes -- it's a dynamic time, as my husband reminds me. So you mustn't lose hope . . . there are a lot of medications to try, and experts to consult.

BTW, I'm not sure if you're breastfeeding, but if you are, Dr. Hale's breastfeeding hotline at Texas Tech University is a wonderful resource if you're not sure about a medication's compatibility with breastfeeding. Most doctors are reticent to prescribe steroids or drugs with sedative effects to breastfeeding mothers, but that's just to cover themselves . . . Dr. Hale has all the latest studies and evidence, and you just call the hotline and ask them about the drug you're taking and the dosage and they'll tell you if it should be OK. For example, with ativan they just say to try to time it for when you won't be nursing for a while and watch for signs of drowsiness in the baby. With Florinef they told me its half life and that a dose of 0.1-0.4mg should be fine .