Recommend A Good Blood Pressure Monitor??

megsmit6

Ill be honest and say the only kind I've found completely reliable is the old fashioned pump it yourself and use a stethoscope to take your own BP. The few automated ones I've tried at home and even most of the automated ones they try to use on Me at doctors offices error out half the time because my pressure is low or weak.

I have an Omron BP 785 - works really well. It may be the same one Kelly is referring to. It has a large capacity for storing info, plus some extra nifty features - averages, 3 measurements average, and so on. I've tested it against the one in one of my drs office and I got almost identical readings. I've had it for about a year and I'm using it on a daily basis. It definitely is worth the $ 100 I paid for it.

Katybug, where did you get your 'old fashioned' pump and stethoscope machine? I'd really like one of those as i believe that once you calibrate them properly they are some of the most reliable particularly if you tend to run a low BP or if you have a narrow pulse pressure.

Alex

Yes it is Achilles. I use this model to monitor my son's blood pressure.