How To Deal With Passing Out

I've had so many concussions through out the years and I thought I was getting better at noticing when to sit or lay down before I actually pass out, well last night I was in the bathroom and went in a cold sweat then lightheaded and passed out and ended up hitting my head on the heater, I didn't have enough time to lay down. What are some ways of dealing with passing out? I'm not going to have any brain cells left if I keep hitting my head lol. is there anything to do to fight it long enough to get in a safe spot first?

I'm sorry to hear that you hit your head like that...ouch! :( I hope you are ok. It sounds like your poor head has been through alot with all of the concussions you mentioned!

Passing out isn't a frequent occurrence for me and I was lucky that the few times it happened I had people catch me. Are you able to pinpoint any triggers for passing out? Does it tend to be at a certain time of day/ before or after eating? During a certain activity? At a time when you are less hydrated? After you've been upright a certain length of time? Sometimes it can just seem random, but when you look back you can see patterns emerging.

The cold sweat is a big red warning sign for me - it means sit *immediately* in my case, or get someone to tilt the chair back if I'm already sitting. It sounds like you got that but maybe didn't have enough time to get down? Maybe you could slide in a controlled way as soon as you felt lightheaded if there are things around you (sink, tub, heater) to slide down on?

Beyond that, not sure. What Peace says above about knowing your triggers (and your warning signs) is a big one for me.

So sorry you have to deal with injury on top of everything else. Im not really sure what advice to give here. I always have warning signs and voluntarily will dive for the ground or put my head between my legs for a bit till I can attempt being upright again. The only thing I can say if your not noticing warnings, as I was adviced, keep a journal. Maybe you will find a small sympton or warning your are looking over. Sometimes I think we are so tough and aclamate (sp lol) to our illness that we tend to unintentionally ignore some things. So good days and especially bad write everything down, how u feel, what u eat, what ur doing and how u feel before during and after. It sounds tedious and time consuming but it certainly would be worth it if you could avoid another concussion. Maybe u wont find some warning signs but maybe you will finsdcertain activieties that trigger it. and you will know to change your routines to accomadate this..... Good luck and be careful!!!