Random Sick Person Rant

roxie

I hate going on social media and seeing people complain about having a cold or some other sickness and how hard it is for them. And the ones that are complaining how much its ruining their Christmas & they're missing out on this or that whether it be a get together or food that makes them nauseas.....yeah, we fight it all year round and multiple Christmas to any special event.

LOL I just wanna give u a hug {{{hug}}} I have been very grinchy today reading similiar posts, and although I realize before I got sick Iwas just as whiny with aches and pains and illnesses, that are all very valid just on another level, I was getting sick of hearing it.I always feel guilty when I complain, so other than this forum :blink: I dont talk about it much. I am sitting in my car right now, that I havent drove in 6 months, in the middle of a bustling Target parking lot, on Christmas Eve because I cant get out of the car and go in. Santa forgot something when he was ordering online so my chaffeur (haha) has been sent in to hunt for a needle in a haystack. Im sitting her leaned back, nauseaus, heartrate wildly high and chest pains with the window down trying to catch my breath...from doing nothing and this lady walks up next to my car to get into her Mercedes and she drops her Starbucks. She then proceeds to rant and throw a hissy about her horrible holiday, shes been cooking nonstop, hosting company, she's gained five LBS and she has to shop in lines that arnt accomadating to her schedule and now shes dropped her MACCHIAATTO...OMG!!! lol I had to contain the urge to whack her with my middle class pontiac car door and tell her to suck it up LADY, however that would take some much needed energy that Ill need to drag myself from my chariot to my castle once I get home, and I dont wanna be too tired to feast on my McDs when I get there, just too tired to go to xmas eve dinner at fams house. (sorry my sacasm is riling up) I felt so much better just reading that Im not the only one a bit frustrated with others health and problems. I would kill to just have the flu or just have a cold or drop my coffee!!!.....<sighhhh> I cannot make plans tommorrow cause I cant predict if I can manage to even get dressed and was feeling sorry for myself, but you reminded me I am not alone and alot of people are sucking it and getting through ALL the holidays, and workdays and shopping days and just plain old day to day so thank u and I hope u have Merry Christmas and your rant was just what I needed...=)) :lol:

I know the feeling:( I decided to take my 6 year old and 4 year old with me to pick up a few gifts today (2 stores) and whenever out I speed walk helps for some reason... Well while standing at the checkout at the 2nd store GUESS what I'm blessed with Auras so I got sad and panicy wondering how am I gonna drive home..By time I reach the car my vision was completely distorted my kids were very patient but I ended up calling their father to follow me to the grandparents a few blocks away.:( My body was so weak and completely off balanced and came on suddenly it frightened me, its never happened while out in public by myself.

Sorry if this was off topic just frustrated with this illness so unpredictable and I had just got in the groove of being more independent. And yes I hate hearing of peoples minor complaints when we deal with more than most can imagine.

Merry xmas

Totally agree with you on this one. It's not just around the holidays, its kind of all the time. If ever anyone complains about trivial stuff on fb or social media I get frustrated and what to post back "Want to trade?". I know eventually I have to get over that well people will never quite get or appreciate their health but when I'm feeling really sick and potsy I don't want to hear about someone complaining about not getting good wifi or something. I know you can't blame well people for taking health for granted, but I wish people would keep things in perspective.

Count me in too. Being chronically ill is tough. It's hard to feel sympathetic towards someone you know is going to feel healthy once their virus, booboo, etc is over.

It feels good knowing you all understand. Thanks.

I get tired of making lemonade everyday but after upteen years of this, it's the best coping mechanism I've found. If I don't I get accused being a whiner who's only looking for attention. Aaaaagh ! Tc .. D