Removing Gluten From Your Diet

misstraci

Removing gluten from your diet  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Carrie I so know where you are coming from as one who has also been so discouraged at times and disappointed by yet another failed approach to better manage my symptoms and get my life back. I guess throughout these many years of dealing with chronic health issues I can't let go of the notion that there might be something else out there to try, within reason of course. Please don't give up hope Carrie. It may not be a dietary change that makes the difference but something else yet undiscovered by you. We are all so very different in what improves our condition.

Janet

I was tested for a bunch of food allergies and sensitivities and everything came back negative. An integrative doctor suggested I remove gluten and dairy anyway. I tried it for over 6 months and actually felt worse, with less energy, probably due to not getting enough carbohydrates. Now I'm back to eating bread and milk again, and feel better (at least back to baseline).

Some people may have bad reactions to these foods, and maybe these foods make some people's symptoms worse, but I think everyone's case is unique and some people might have dysautonomia due to a different nervous system problem that isn't directly related to food.

Carrie,

I agree completely. With one exception. And that's about going sugar free.

Watch this 60 minutes show about sugar!

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7403942n

I gave up sugar over 7 years ago, and it's been pretty amazing! Don't use stevia or any diet sugars...No sugars with the exception of fruit.

Think this 60 minutes will surprise people...A lot.

Best,

K

Kitt you are absolutely correct about sugar and the damaging effects it has on our bodies. If one can eliminate it completely as you did or at least reduce the amount consumed that would help considerably. It's unfortunate more people do not have an awareness of just how harmful sugar can be. Thank you for sharing the 60 minute video clip and getting the information out there.

Janet

If you google cfs cytokines prohealth you'll get an article that states food intolerances increase cytokines.

If you want to reduce these in your body you need to remove all the offenders. This is why the

Paleo diet works so well for many.

Taking one food out at a time won't reduce your cytokine level enough

for your body to begin healing if you have multiple intolerances. Many of us do.

I'm off gluten, dairy, soy, corn, etc and all chemicals. This didn't fix my oi but I have gluten intolerance

that resulted in gluten ataxia (resolved via diet), celiac, hashimoto's and no telling what else. Theglutenfile explains this.

Tc .. D