The Wheatless/ Gluten Free Diet

lifeless

I'm not sure about the thread but I am gluten free and it has eliminated all of my IBS symptoms. I believe that it has also helped my POTS. It is hard at first but now it is second nature to me. I will never go back to eating gluten.

I read a lot of books on the topic but the most helpful one for me was "Gluten Free for Dummies" by Dana Korn. If you like rice a rice cooker is great. I got a cheap one at target and you can start it and simply walk away. I make rice for my daughter and myself if my husband and son are eating a starch with gluten.

It took some time before I felt better ( I think more than a month). I also can't have any fresh dairy. Best wishes to you. I hope it helps you!

Thanks so much. I know many are grain free too and i would not know how to get used to that? There was a specific one mentioned. Began with a P.

I have ben wanting so many changes. And if some us have had a lifetime of POTS, how much more messed up did i get from things I ate? My sleep issues go to birth!

I just started gluten free Oct 1

I have not found the transition difficult. In fact, it has forced me to get back to more cooking which I love to do . I am single but I cook big batches of what I'm making and freeze containers with 2-3 portions in them so I can defrost on bad POTS days and have a couple of meals I don't have to cook. It's like homemade frozen dinners.

I am gluten free for about 6 months now and although I can't say it makes a difference for me it does keep me from eating a lot of junk food:) I have slipped up and eaten gluten (I made spaghetti with rice noodles) and lo and behold a week later I was going to make rice pasta again and I turned the carton over and the first ingrediant was wheat. However, I didn't notice any ill affects after eating it. I am just sticking with it because I have fam members who are gluten intolerant so why not for now. If I decide to go dairy free or vegan ever (gulp!...I love dairy) I may incorporate a little bit of whole wheat back in my diet. We'll see.

I need to look at that Gluten for Dummies book. There are so many things we can change and do to help. But I have learned that good habits are harder to begin than bad are to break! age may contribute to that!

I eat healthy but we are all drastically different in our DNA. So what can mess with 1 person can be fine for another.

Some non-U.S.traditional medicines and cultural foods think we here get messed up in toddler-hood just by the additives in our foods.

I am not too in to dairy, but some.

I think the name of the diet you are trying to remember is the Paleo diet. There is a recent thread about it. I believe that it is also referred to as the caveman diet. Basically, you only eat things cavemen ate.

I am dairy free. I am lactose intolerant which started all of my IBS. It took 2 full weeks of being dairy free for my stomach to stop hurting. If I have the smallest amount of dairy, even with lactaid pills, it is not pleasant for several days. Once I got that figured out, things got much better. But then, my IBS got worse. I tried gluten free, but it was very hard for me, I am a carb-junkie. Bread, cake. cookies. Its terrible. But when my IBS was bad, I felt that those kind of white flour foods were the only things that would not give me diarrhea. Anyway, I tried gluten-free for 48 hours......and that is exactly when my POTS began. November 17,2011. Its almost my one-year anniversary. How should I celebrate?

Anyway, I wish I could do it, but it seems too daunting to me. But I know that gluten free has helped so many people with so many problems. While we mention it, I would also love to go sugar free. If only there was a way to do these things without being hungry and without too much effort........