Mast Cells And Interstitial Cystitis

NMPotsie

I'm new to the mast cell protocal so while my regime, Wal-zyr, Benadryl and Allegra, have substainly

reduced my pain I still need 250 mg b6 + magnesium if I want to eat more than 1 tiny

square of chocolate.

I've been taking b6

and magnesium for a couple of years. It was recommended by the pelvic pain group. But I have an oxalate

problem, kidney stones, so thus may be why I need these too.

Tc .. D

OMGoodness, my bladder or IC is flaring so bad tonight ~ I Googled this and where do I land...Right back here with all my old friends. I used to get this ALL the time and I've been starting to have problems again. I guess it's time to go back to my mast cell doc, if I can make it through the night. My pots has been out of control lately and my cardio did say, "do you have allergies?"

I feel so sick tonight.....any home remedies for quick relief? :unsure: I'm ready to try anything.....I used to drink cranberry juice, but my Allegra says do not to take with juice. -_- So can I have juice after I take it? I'm so confused. :P

Well, nice to be back home here....

hugs to all ~

Bellamia ~

I recommend the COB Foundation for further info on IC, and they have a forum too.

Cranberry juice is for bacterial infections rather than IC last I heard, and I believe the sugar/acidity may be a problem for IC. I'd check that one out further before trying it.

I'm currently investigating quercetin for (suspected) mast cell problems generally, and IC/vulvodynia in particular. My vulvodynia seems to respond to antihistamines, and quercetin acts as a natural antihistamine, so I'm hoping it will be helpful for me.

Thanks for the info Batik. I'll ask my cardio if that quercetin will mix with my cardio meds. I do take masto meds and breakthrough allergy meds. But, I never tied the two conditions together. Maybe I need to go back on my gastrocrom by mouth again. The mast cell doc pulled it all I started to swell very quickly. Once again with me I should start all meds very slowly. I'm very sensitive. : )

How much of the quercetin do you take? Do you mind telling me what other allergy meds you take? Amounts and how often? I would love to get this under control and let all my team docs know what is going on.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Bellamia

I'm still waiting for the quercetin to arrive in the post! It's the NOW Foods brand, 400mg plus 82mg bromelain per capsule, and the recommended dosage is two capsules per day. I'll start off with one and see how I react.

I had a nasty allergic reaction to lunch yesterday and am still recovering from that. Abdominal pain, intense itchiness, hives, diarrhoea, headache, joint pain, sore throat. I really wish I knew what all of this was about.