Approved For Long Term Disability In Florida

I started the application process back in March as I realized I would not be headed back to work anytime soon. I had two doctors complete medical verification that I was unable to work and most people I spoke with made me think I would be dealing with a multi-year process of appeals and trying to prove my inability to work especially because POTS is not well known.

I had extra paperwork to complete because I am an owner of my company so I have had a role as both officer and employee. I needed an assistant to help with the paperwork because it was overwhelming. But I received the call today that upon first review I was awarded benefits. Praise God!

When the Social Security rep told me, I broke down into tears. It's good news, but sad too if you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean!!! ((hugs)) I applied in May and was approved a few weeks ago. It definitely helps to take off some of the financial pressure and it's there for as long or as short of time as you need it. I hope this means that POTS is becoming more recognized and that those who need LTD will be approved without the long struggle.

I applied in June I hope I have the same luck, I haven't heard anything yet. Is it the same in every state? Its bitter sweet to get approved.

Congratulations! That's great news. I was so relieved when I found out that I was approved for LTD by MetLife. The whole process of trying to prove how sick we are is so stressful, so I hope you feel a great sense of relief! I was so scared that they were going to deny me, that I almost cried when I got the approval letter. I felt like it was the first good thing that had happened to me since I got sick.

Since Social Security is a federally administered program I would think it wouldn't matter too much, that said, I'm not sure if the state has any involvement in operations.

I do hope this means it is becoming more widely recognized as a real disability.

Jen, what do you mean you were approved through Met Life? Is that a different type of disability program?