What Is Causing This???

hippychic258

Ok can anyone tell me what is causing this and what helps it? Every time I have a conversation with some one 10 or 15 minutes into it I am shaking and trembling and get nauseated? then am sick for about an hour or so. Its not anxiety, so what would help this feeling? thinking abput ativan maybe? Will this ever go away? Any emotion good or bad sets it off, Could this be a sign of Addisons disease?

Thanks

Sounds like adrenaline to me, but I might be wrong.

Have you looked into having your hormone levels tested - cortisol aldosterone and ACTH included? Or an ACTH stimulation test? A CT scan of your abdomen including your adrenals? These are the kind of tests a dr might suggest to help diagnose Addison's.

Have you tried learning some breathing techniques -they might help.

Best,

Alex

I would think if it was adrenaline i would get tachy but I don't get that when this happens, I had my hormones tested in Feb. they were fine then but I don't know about now. Yes I tried the breathing techniques and they don't help, its uncontrollable like I am so over stimulated without the fast heart rate. I am so over stimulated it makes me so sick.

Sorry you're going through this.

Unfortunately, I don't know what else to suggest.

what did the dr who tested your hormones say? Did you have these types of episodes back then or are they a more recent occurrence? An endocrinologist might be more versed to diagnose Addison's. I can only speculate and i guess at this point you're looking for some answers.

Alex

Im not knowledgeable to comment much, but i know that i used to tell people i had trouble singing at church, took too much effort and wind beyond one verse. Later I learned singing problems are common in pots. Probably some combination of a hypersensitive CNS, elevating BP, a slight adrenaline etc push,

Or perhaps blood vessels are microscopically constricting with the effort for a POTS patient, setting off an "event" that is manifesting itself as exhaustion later when your system goes back to normal.

This reminds me of Migraines. My wife has migraines lifelong, which has similarities to POTS. She has certain triggers that dont make sense to me, but apparently your conversations are stimulating your CNS and you are crashing afterwards.

Are these conversations on serious topics or just light exchanges? Or perhaps you could examine the issue of social anxiety. There may be something going on underneath, a stressor, that youre not aware of. There may be a mental component beyond the physiological?

This sort of response to talking used to happen to me too when my symptoms were severe. I would get short of breath and tired out just speaking. I would also get shaky and nauseated. It is a scary feeling. I think it has to do with inappropriate pooling of blood, hypovolemia, and lack of enough oxygenated blood circulating above the heart.

Yes, I think it is likely it can go away, or at least improve--either in time, or with appropriate treatment, if it is POTS.