chest pain

dizzygirl

:) Hi everyone

Last night I had a frightening experience, I was jolted up in bead at about 2:30 am last night with severe chest pain, it was a tight squeezing and sharp pain in the center of my chest. I sat up because I could not breath laying down. It lasted about 10 minutes.

I usually get pretty bad chest pain when I have tachycardia, but this was much different, it was down right scary.

I am wondering what you all do to combat chest pains.

I have an appointment to see dr. Grubb in August, I am wondering if I should call him??

Thanks

Linda

Sorry Linda,

No fun at all and very scarry to go through. What else did you notice? How was your BP/pulse? How were your intestines? For me, I've come to realize that I get a really sharp upper chest pain when I have lower intestine discomfort. There are SO many nerves that zig zag all over the place in our bodies and when one fires they all seem to feel the wave.

Good luck in finding some answers that are reassuring.

EM

Guest tearose

Hi Linda,

If you can try to work through these pains on your own, you may find a way to help yourself. If they persist then go for help close to home!

That being said, I think Earthmother make a good suggestion. Try to get a feel for what is happening in your body. Did you eat something before bed? Are you having any fever or night sweats? Are you doing anything differently? When we lay down and go to sleep, our awareness of our autonomic system is not there! You may have had a spell of snoring, or thrashing about or even some low blood pressure. I would suggest you watch what happens in the next week. If you see a pattern than you can address it by yourself or with your local doctor. Your appointment is not that far away and you may share all that you learn with Dr. Grubb then.

take care, tearose

It could even have been something as benign as gas--those pains show up in the chest where you describe and often while lying down. They're scary as all get out, that I know! I've had them many times, and even been awakened as well. And it gets your heart racing and the fear starts coursing through your veins ... Ugh. But it passes, and I'm glad for you that it didn't take too long.

I don't think there's much to be done to combat or prevent random chest pains -- just think calming thoughts when they happen and remind yourself to breathe.

Hang in there,

m

I get esphageal spasms all the time and my doctor told me one of the ways to distinguish is that spasms seem to go through to your back. Mine feel like someone is trying to pull my front out through my back... :blink: Talk about pain. But if you have something new and it persists or you are concerned, you should at least contact your pcp. Hope it doesn't happen again. morgan

If you read my posts you will find i get similar pains. I suffer really bad anxiety, a leg pain will put me into severe paranoid mode, so a chet pain is even worse. I had a chest pain today but ive also had very bad gas for the past 24 hours and i have the flu so that will explain that. Everytime i get a chestpain it freaks me but i must have had over 12000 in the past year. Dont worry, if u need somone to talk to pop me a Private Message.

James

x