Long Term Disability - Approved

AllAboutPeace

I can't even believe it at this stage, but I was approved for LTD!! I'm not surprised based on my current functional ability, but I just expected more of a battle because of the nature of POTS and the fact that it is generally unknown.

Almost every case, for various illnesses, that I've heard of requires an appeal and lots of proving your illness, so I'm not really sure what happened here (but I am thankful for whatever happened). I had two docs filling out the forms for me and neither one of them has any prior experience with POTS, so I wasn't confident that they really knew enough or were interested enough to advocate for me (maybe I under-estimated). Realistically, it would be tough for them to give definitive answers. They both prepared me for rejection. I did send some good articles along with the forms as well as detailed information about my symptoms. So, I'm not sure if I just had the right person on the right day, but I hope this will be a positive thing for others who need to pursue this down the road.

So, the good news is "I was approved" so that will help take off some of the financial pressure and hopefully help me to feel less like a complete burden on everyone.

And the less-than-good news that goes along with being approved is that psychologically I feel like I'm on a downward spiral. It's ridiculous really because my condition hasn't changed, but I feel like -"ok, so everyone seems to agree that I wont be getting better anytime soon".

Anyway, for those of you going through various stages of this process now, I hope that you will get your good news soon...

That's awesome to hear that you were able to be approved AND escape going through the scathing remarks and the **** of having to fight back when you feel sick. I'm currently waiting on results from an appeal myself, and was flabbergasted by the initial denial letter - it was a complete joke!

On the positive side, hopefully you'll have a bit more peace and less worry as a result of getting LTD - which should help in trying to find more ways to cope and/or things to try to find a better quality of life! :)