Brady's - Resting Hr Lowering Over Time ???

AllAboutPeace

Does anyone have issues with their resting HR lowering over time? When I was first diagnosed my resting rate was in the 60's, then it started creeping into the 50's- first high 50's, middle and low over the span of a few months. Every once in awhile I'd see the 40's, but now they are becoming more frequent and this evening it was mid 40's. I'm really not liking this trend.

I popped on my recumbent bike to perk it up a little, but that only bumped it up a few beats and has no lasting effect. I'm quite sure my HR isn't lower because of my excellent physical conditioning...lol

Anyone else experience this or know what might be going on here - other than just a messed up ANS ?

I never experienced this until I started taking a beta blocker......I only take a very small dose when my tachy is really bad...but I find for days even a week after just 1 dose I start having episodes of brady and skipped beats. This is why at times; I think is it really smart to be messing with the system more or will I just eventually make it worse by taking all these meds? The brady feels almost as bad if not worse than the tachy :(

Bren

Thanks, Hyperpots8, it's good to know that your doc isn't concerned about it.

Bren: I know...I waited so long to take meds because I felt like I was concerned about adding anything different to the mix. Brady's and irregular rhythms feel worse to me than the tachy. I think it is because most of the time, I can control the tachy by sitting or laying down.

Are you symptomatic when this occurs? If not, I wouldn't worry

I feel terrible with the lower brady's. It often makes me cough or yawn, feel weak/nauseous, and have a chest heaviness (discomfort). When I got on the bike I barely had the energy to move my legs at all, but I just thought it might help. Still feeling extra awful today.

All aboupeace,

Since you feel so poorly with the low HR's you,should let your MD know, hopefully you can get a holter monitor. It shouldn't be caused by the Florinef or synthroid it looks like you are taking.

Good luck

Thanks, I'll continue to keep an eye on it.

Unfortunately I have a doc who's not big on follow up (even after my out of area EP/Cardiologist called him to make sure he is comfortable with monitoring me - until I see her again in Nov). He wrote a Rx for Florinef; gave me zero info about it or follow up appt; wrote that I could adjust the dose from .1 to .6 up to 2/day and sent me on my way. All I can say is - I'm very thankful for this group and the internet because I'd be flying completely blind without it!