Anyone Else With Elevated Serum Copper Level?

jpjd59

Just curious - my daughter just had a blood test result come back with a slightly elevated copper level. We have been thinking that along with POTS that she has a mast cell issue (although all of those tests, tryptase, histamine, etc. have come back normal).

Along with POTS symptoms, she has also been experiencing hives, skin burning and itching, difficulty breathing, and the feeling that her throat is closing up.

I'm just wondering if the elevated copper level could have something to do with her symptoms.

I've had mine tested many, many years ago, as a naturopathic doctor was concerned about Wilson's Disease. Read up on it and see if anything sounds familiar.

One thing...does she have blue eyes that have a copper/brown "burst" in the blue part? (Kayser-Fleischer Rings)

I should say, I haven't had mine tested recently at all, but was wondering if I should. I have brown eyes that are getting blue rings around the outside. I've thought about having my ceruloplasm(?) tested, but I've already spent alot of out-of-pocket money for other tests.

• 2 weeks later...

We just had my daughter's serum copper level checked again and it was even more elevated than the previous test. When I was researching what this could be I came across something called "Phillips-Offit Wakefield Syndrome". Has anyone ever heard of this? (I am not sure if this is even a valid syndrome since I can't find much info about it). It says that POTS is one of the features of this syndrome along with many other symptoms that my daughter has.