Yet Another Midodrine Question

Kay107

I keep track of mine most because I'm curious, honestly. I like to know what bp corresponds to what symptoms.

But with midodrine, in the beginning I would check to make sure that my bp wasn't going too high. Especially when lying down - your body would normally stop constricting your leg veins because gravity isn't so much an issue anymore, but midodrine doesn't care that you're lying down. So your bp might be higher lying down than it is when you're standing. That's why you might hear to be careful about taking naps while on midodrine.

Now, I don't really check it for that anymore. I've learned that my bp generally doesn't hit 'normal' even with midodrine, no matter what position I'm in. But it's something to be aware of. Good luck! Midodrine was a godsend for me, I hope it's the same for you!

When I started it my doctor had me log postural bp when I woke up, 1hr after each dose, and before bed. I had to fax the data in weekly. That way the doctor could be sure I wasn't getting too high a bp and it also helped to decide what dose would be most beneficial for me. I started low and was moved up a couple of times.