Stiffness

micheller

I've read a lot about EDS but does anyone have the opposite issue? When I get up in the morning all of my joints are stiff and hurt. It takes a few hours after moving around before it calms down but it takes me a while to get out of bed because of the pain.

I also get pain in my hands often. I tried crocheting again yesterday and my hands hurt after a few minutes. I can't write anything long hand longer than writing a check. If I move around too much my legs and hips hurt.

I have the same problem. I am diagnosed with fibro which accounts for the stiffness, but I also have chronic writer's cramp. I lost a good job because of it. I actually taught myself to write with the opposite hand to give the other one a break. It helps but I still have trouble with fine motor skills.

Yoga eases the stiffness, but the severity comes and goes. A good physical therapist once told me that we are all certain body types and I am compacted. So it's harder for us to get a really good stretch, but we should do it routinely because it does help.

I know how you feel. I am looking at my dog right now wishing I could relax and sprawl out as well as she does LOL.

It seems many types of dysautonomia begin with an arthritic autoimmune disorder.......I get pain in various joints for no apparent reason - my wrists will feel quite stiff and painful or my hip will feel like it has a kink in it. My ankles will throb or my knee will give me a fit - never predictable - always inconvenient! - low-grade fevers seem to accompany the joint pain....all point to an arthritic inflammatory response.......gotta love dysautonomia....never a "dull" moment and something new and different almost every day!

Have this really bad - look into EDS (Ehlers Danlos). Along with it comes osteo-arthritis and it usually comes on at a younger age. They told me there was no place that they looked at any of my scans - that there wasn't arthritis. So far, RA isn't showing up. But, other autoimmune things are. So, may be a connection there.

Issie