I'm I Rare?

StephL

My TTT results seem to indicate that I'm not on par with one certain condition other possibly NMS.

I've copied and pasted this from another site I go to with friends. This is only part of my report and it's summarized.

I should just scan the report and upload it but I'll just post the basics.

I am correct about the pooling in my abdomen, it's not my legs as much as my stomach which is causing the nausea and bloating.

If they can't get my pulse up they want me on a 30 day heart monitor and to see and electrophysiologist.

My low B12 levels could be causing autonomic neuropathy.

It does say I should be on phenobarbitol so I need to figure out if that is the same as phentermine or if the pharmacy made a mistake. I have a very strong parasympathetic response going on.

Deep breathing: The patient shows a very blunted heart rate response to this test of the cardiovagal innervation. We usually just see the marked blunting with people who have really strong parasympathetic responses or if the cardiovagal inneravtion has been damaged such as through diabetes. In that, you just see extremely high heart rates and the low heart rates we see here.

Hand grip test: Again, the patient shows an almost cardioinhibitory response, which is a hyper-parasympathetic response to rule sinus node dysfunction and she has a a normal blood pressure response.

Audio stress test: The patient shows a markedly blunted beta-andrenergic and blunted alpha-adrenergic. This tests the higher cortical centers of the brain in the efferent pathways. Usually when you see blunting of of theses tests, it has more of a startle response than it is an actual cerebral problem, although in this patient, it certainly needs to be considered, especially where her heart rates are staying throughout the entire tilt table testing.

3 minute head-up: We expected the patient to have a 20% increase in heart rate upon standing and to maintain it through the 3 minutes of 80 degree head-up tilt. The highest the patient got was 3 beats a minutes above baseline during the entire test and then her heart rates stayed essentially baseline or within 1 or 2 beats during recovery period even through her heart rate stayed above baseline, so this may indicate some evidence of faulty baroreflex modulation.

Valsalva maneuver: The patient had a Valsalva ratio of 1.7, which is greater than 2 standards deviations below the mean for the patient's age and sex.

There's more but I'm distracted right now......

Steph - wow, that's quite a different response to most folks here! Good on you for getting it tested. What they say repeatedly with the hyper-parasympathetic response is really interesting - especially with the lower resting heart rate (are you in particularly good shape?), since the parasympathetic NS does drive decreased HR. At first I was a bit surprised they wanted you on barbituates, since they're a central NS depressant, but on further reading they also bind to the neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (thus blocking its action and therefore suppressing your parasympathetic nervous system response somewhat), which makes sense. Good luck with the neurologist!